General Area in Bay Park>Question Details

Florentinela…, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Would a retired cople be happy in Bay Park or is it all young families?

Asked by Florentinelady105, San Diego, CA Wed May 9, 2012

Answers

16
Good evening!

I can't imagine one wouldn't be happy anywhere in the San Diego area, but due to fair housing and professional ethics code restrictions, a real estate sales person may not make statements to define an area with regard to the specific familial status (among other protected categories such as race, religion, etc.)

Happy is relative. Instead, when moving forward with a local Realtor, ask for specific elements and characteristics for the area you are considering, i.e, proximity to local parks, restaurants, or points of interest to you, traffic, a reference to a source of statistical demographics, nubmer of and proximity to bars and clubs, day care centers, schools, etc..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 9, 2012
So what do retired people look for:
1- single story - no stairs
2-walking distance to supermarket and pharmacy.
3-do not care about schools
4- Max 2 Bed, preferably 2 Bath
Flag Mon Dec 16, 2013
Good evening!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 9, 2012
Best answer so far :)
Honest and to the point.
I dislike the generic ones saying like "Bay Park has a nice mix of all ages.", yes !!?? so how does that answers the question.
Flag Mon Dec 16, 2013
Know this question is from some time ago - but for future inquiries. Great area, but just like any area, depends on what you, the buyer, wants out of it. I have clients that live in the suburbs and love it, while others live downtown and would hate the suburbs.

Both these area are very nice areas, but I always recommend to my clients spending a few days in an area if they are unfamiliar with it and think they want to purchase there.

David Rudd
858.395.6315
David Rudd
BRE #01402946
Bay Park, and Bay Ho, are wonderful neighborhoods for families of all types. Considering that there are many original owners in the community, I would have to say that it could certainly meet your needs as a retired couple.

More importantly, what is it that you are looking for in a neighborhood? There are many questions that truly affect this answer, and exploring them will be of great benefit allowing you to make the right decision.

I would be happy to share my knowledge with you about Bay Park and the surrounding communities.

Neal Akin - Realtor
Akin Real Estate
858-692-0677
nealakin@gmail.com
BRE # 01812949
I have to say that I like a lot of the answers the agents and brokers answered are good. We bought our home 2 years ago knowing we want to retire here. At 51 we are considered an active pair and love the ability to go across the street to mission bay park and walk the dogs, or out in the bay to water ski. The views are spectacular if you are lucky as we were to buy a home with unobstructed views of the bay, sunsets and fireworks at sea world. We have literally almost a 0 crime rate. I think it is due to so many of us are home keeping an eye out for each other. I Love this place. We are Blessed!
Anne MacGillivray
I forgot to tell you that they are putting in a Trolley stop right off of Clairmont Drive. It is suppose to finish construction in the Spring.
Flag Thu Jan 30, 2014
Bay Park has a low turn over rate due to many original owners still living there. It is a very desirable area to live and because of the original owner rate there, many of the residents are 55+ years old. Since Bay Park is located so centrally, it is also a great place for a younger couple! There are several factors that come together for this community to keep the demand so high to live there.
I agree with the answers below Bay Park is a great community for any age.
There are parts of West Clairemont with homes that rarely go on the market due to people retiring there. There are streets that look over the Bay with homeowners that don't plan on moving anywhere. Believe me, I've walked the neighborhood and have talked to these people. The community is quite and beautiful and it's no wonder these people don't want to move!
Not at all. I'm 55 and i would be delighted to live in Bay Park. Located in the Western part of Clareimont, Bay Park offers some very distinctive homes with bay views. One can easily spend over $1 million for a Bay Park home which is certainly not in the budget of most young familes.

Typically Bay Park Real Estate features mid century homes that have been restored or remodeled over the years. In addition to those with Bay Views, some are located on canyons that are just lovely.

If you like mid-centutry homes and an area with some old world charn, I very much encourage you to look at Bay Park.

Pleaes let me know if I may be of further assistance.
Hello!

I have always enjoyed Bay Park and the amazing views of the bay, ocean and Sea World fireworks. My husband and I lived there for 6 years and really liked that it is central to all San Diego has to offer. Sinead is right, it may not be as walkable as some other areas. As others have mentioned it is a wide mix of all ages with a good concentration of Seniors who have owned their homes for 60 years. Happy to share more information if you would like to learn more about the area and get your questions answered.

Chris Gorno
Windermere Real Estate SoCAL
(619)788-4345
Bay Park is very well-established area, with many long-time residents of all ages. It woul be a great location for an active retired couple.
Bay Park is a great area to live. There are qualities about this area that appeal to all age groups. It easy to get to all parts of San Diego, there are good community services and shopping is close by.
I would recommend spending some time in the area with a Realtor to see which part of Bay Park you like the best. As with any neighborhood there are some areas that may appeal to you more than others.

I am never too busy for your referrals

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
http://www.TheSanDiegoPropertyShop.com
jerry.sdps@cox.net
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
CA DRE # 00648687
Hi Florentinelady,

I've lived in Bay Park for about 13 years now. I'm sure you know it is conveniently located in San Diego; 10 minutes to the beach, downtown, Mission Valley, and UTC. The demographics is mixed but with more weight toward mature adults.

Tidal Realty
619-890-1063
Florentinelady,

Yes, I think you would be happy there. It does have a nice mix of young families and retire's. I use to live on Grandview St. and loved it. It was very quiet and I had a really nice view of Mission Bay and the ocean.
IF I can be of any help don't hesitate to contact me.

Terry Mobley
Bill Luther Realty
619-933-9751
tmobleysellspb@gmail.com
Bay Park is a well rounded community full of retired couples and families, I believe it has a nice balance in demographics.
Hi Florentinelady,
Bay Park has a nice mix of all ages. There are lots of coastal communities that you might like. Feel free to contact me directly to assist you. Bay Park is nice, but maybe not as "walkable" as other areas.

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com