General Area in Houlton>Question Details

Andrew Mooe…, Real Estate Pro in 04730

Why do so many brokers only show stills and do copy on just homes? The area is what the buyer is looking for!

Asked by Andrew Mooers, 04730 Mon Mar 9, 2009

Nararrated videos, detailed helpful links, blog entries on the people, the schools, the health care, churches. What about the area?

Answers

2
Andrew Mooers’ answer
Real estate videos put the pieces of the property, local community together for the viewer, searcher needing more information. They flow, use the eyes and the ears and transport the viewer, listener to your area if done right. Sound is 40% of the real estate, local community video. Don't think so, turn off the dialogue of your favorite TV show, or the good part of the movie. It adds to the experience, provides more information to support what is being shown. Information, communication is the key. Video does it so well.
I find that most buyers are looking for a synopsis of information on homes to narrow their search. Once they have located a few homes that fit the parameters they are looking for then they will call for more detailed information or ideally do a 'drive by' to find out if the homes in questions will work for them. I try to give just enough information to peak interest without 'overloading' a potential customer or client. I don't advise or suggest that a person purchase a home by what they see in pictures online or elsewhere. The best case for purchasing a home is to view the property real time and then make a decision. There is not enough information that an agent can put on their websites or other advertising mediums that would give a potential buyer the feel they can get from viewing the home. I will go out of my way to work with a buyer that is out of the area and would like to maximize their viewing time in a few day period. I sell property in Northern Maine and have been very successful fulfilling the needs of buyers from all over the country by working with them to get info to them and helping to coordinate their efforts when they are able to come to the area for a few days to view properties.
Lastly, and this may sound harsh, but people that are looking for 'a lot' of information online we find are not highly motivated to purchase a home - at least not right away. The more information that is supplied on a property tends to help that person talk themselves out of buying those homes. Viewing a home by a pre-qualified and highly motivated buyer is by far the best case scenario and the one that lends to the actual purchase of a home.
I hope this information helps. Sometiimes we find that educating a potential buyer helps them to figure out if buying is actually something they want to go through or if they are just spinning their own wheels and that of the sellers and multiple real estate agens.