General Area in Katy>Question Details

Lory, Home Buyer in Katy, TX

Why are too many condos for sell in this area BOULDER BEND LN, Katy, TX 77494?

Asked by Lory, Katy, TX Sun Apr 22, 2012

Answers

4
Bryan O'leary’s answer
Duplex/condos a lot of times are used also for temporary living, contract employees. If someone ihas moved for the oil industry on a 2 or 3 year contract, you'll see the company they work for use a concentrated area, so there's a lot of turnover. Aside from that, there are a very limited number of these type units in the Cinco area, a highly regarded school district. So they are highly sought after when available when families grow and need more space, which happens on a regular basis. There are 4 units available at the moment if you want to go look at them. Feel free to call me.

Bryan O'Leary
(281)610-3077
Hi Lory,

Not sure there is a need for concern or not. There are 32 homes in Boulder Bend. Four are for sale.
That's about a 12% ratio but this is the peak season and sometimes multiple homes will be put on the market for various reasons. If there IS a problem it might be caused if the home is considered a Condominium rather than a townhome. However, I looked at the taxes and it mentioned lot and block description so that seems like at townhome. One would have to investigate that to make for sure. If it IS a condominium, financing is much harder to obtain so that could be the case. There is a hefty $700 HOA fee in addition to a monthly maintenance fee. Perhaps that plays into in. One would have to contact the managment company, Spectrum Management, to see what the fees are all about. I have never heard of Spectrum Management so I'm just guessing here. I oiten tell my buyers to knock on their potenially new neighbors door and ask them how they like living in the community, etc. One can ofter get a geat deal ot vital informaion that way. Hope this is of help to you.

Always at your service,

Joni Richards-Realtor
Creating Memories, One Home at a Time
http://www.MemorialHomeSpecialist.com
Tel: 713-465-0524
Genesis Reatly
These are duplex townhomes in Cinco Ranch many built by Lennar Homes about 6 years ago. It is not uncommon for a family to move every 4-7 years. There are numerous reasons a family has a need to move; the most common are changes in employment, and changes in a family's size due to marriage or having children.
There are currently 4 active townhomes for sale. These are all fair market sales. I can only conclude that the owners lifestyle changed and they needed more space and privacy for their growing family.
Web Reference: http://www.katy-homes.net