General Area in 19127>Question Details

Richard N, Home Buyer in 19127

Why are there so many homes for sale on Umbria St.?

Asked by Richard N, 19127 Fri Jun 12, 2009

Why are there so many homes for sale on Umbria St.? Is buying a home on Umbria a bad idea? How does having so many homes in a small area effect property value?

Answers

3
Timothy Garrity’s answer
Hi, Richard.

Umbria can either be a great street or a tough street to live on depending on your goals. If you're looking for accessibility, walk-ability, and an active neighborhood, this is a great street to live on. If you're looking for extra parking, have no interest in the train, or don't frequent Main St. in Manayunk, you might end up paying more for something you don't really want or need.

As stated already below, having more properties for sale in a small area can help you negotiate a fair price; if supply goes up, demand goes down. I actually live right down the street from Umbria and have nothing but good things to say about the location, the neighborhood, and the people.

If you have any additional questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact me at tgarrity@brownmckinney.com.

Tim
Just sold a home on umbria in just 3 weeks. Umbria is a busier street than most in Manayunk. Train is in walking distance and there is a public parking lot for extra parking, definitely a good thing. Homes do sell on umbria street. I am a neighborhood realtor. If you have any more questions , about umbria or any other streets, let me know.. Lisa
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 1, 2009
I am sure the sellers of these properties are not happy about 5 houses being for sale within two blocks. This could only help buyers when it comes to negotiations. On this block right now you have properties that are fully remodeled to the home that needs work. This would be a good time to get exactly what you want for a great price.