General Area in 78418>Question Details

Zach, Home Buyer in 78418

Why are so many of the units at Whiteley Cove for sale at this time? Would they be decent as a primary resident for someone who is single?

Asked by Zach, 78418 Tue May 10, 2011

Answers

3
Hi Zach. My sister owns a condo there but is not a full time resident. One owner is selling several units so it looks like there are problems in the community. I don't think that is the case. I have done extensive research on townhouse/condos here on the southside of Corpus Christi. Please contact me if I can help.
Cissy Cofer
Coldwell Banker Pacesetter Steel
992-9231
Hi Zach,

This community is ideal for a single person, especially if you love the water and fishing! There are quite a few available now, but given the state of our Real Estate Market right now, that's to be expected. And it's good news for you, whenever there are several to choose from, your Realtor can help you make a good decision and hopefully a good deal on one.

All condos will have a Homeowners Association to take care of grounds and outside maintenance, weigh that against the Homeowners Insurance (Windstorm) and the water and trash you would be paying the city for if you lived in a single family dwelling, and it should even out.

If you have any questions or would like to schedule a viewing of some, please let me know!

Debbie Cook, GRI
Sea Breeze Realty
(361) 947-6446
http://www.callseabreeze.com
Whiteley Cove used to be all rental units, but 5 or so years ago these units were renovated for private ownership. Unfortunately, they were originally priced too high before the 2008 crash, and had to come down significantly in price to where they are today to sell units. I think about 1/3 are still for sale (I live across the field from these units), and the owner has easily gotten back his original investment at this point. So, the units are a good value provided you don't mind a $200-300 association fee for the maintenance and amenities (pool, boat dock, etc.) in addition to your mortgage payment. A single person might like having the association take care of these things though. The units are all the same size, but the 2 bedroom units enclose an area that is open on the second floor, and ovviously the waterfront units are worth more too. Go to my website (below) and contact me if you need more information.