General Area in 80487>Question Details

Darlinda Bal…, Real Estate Pro in Steamboat, CO

Who is a good agent in Steamboat Springs?

Asked by Darlinda Baldinger, Steamboat, CO Wed Jul 8, 2009

Answers

10
Scott Withers @ colorado realty. If you work with Scott, make sure you get him to take you skiing for an afternoon. Scott was great to work with, no BS, just the real skinny!
No real answers from consumers here. Only agents self promoting. Nothing wrong with that but be aware that these are not actual recommendations based on buyer experiences.
We're working with Molly Hibbard. She's very nice and persistent. She handles a variety of properties. The one we are selling is in the lower 1/3 of the market. May other agents were not interested in helping us with that, but she and her team have been great. Put together a lovely presentation to get our business.
Hi Chloe,

If you are looking for an exclusive buyer's agent in Colorado, I would recommend contacting the Colorado Exclusive Buyer Agents Assoc. I contacted them to find my EBA and I was very happy with the experience!
Mike and Ronna Autrey at The Group are awesome. They worked with me for the past two years looking for a townhome. We just did a contract today on a wonderful find that they brought to my attention. The are patient, down to earth and extremely knowledgable about the market and what is available in your price range.

I highly reccommend them!
A savvy home buyer will want to use an agent that will represent them 100% of the time. These are called Exclusive Buyer's Agents, and there are only three such agents in Steamboat Springs; myself, Doug Labor and Ulrich Salzgeber, all out of our Buyer's Resource Real Estate Steamboat office. We can be reached at 970-870-8885 or http://www.BuySteamboat.com.

But don't just take my word for it. The U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) recently put out a booklet titled Shopping For Your Home Loan. In it they state:

"Role of the Real Estate Agent or Broker

Frequently, the first person you consult about buying a home is a real estate agent or broker. Although these agents and brokers provide helpful advice, they may legally be representing the interests of the seller and not yours. You can ask your family and friends for recommendations.

It is your responsibility to search for an agent who will represent your interests in the real estate transaction. If you want someone to represent only your interests, consider hiring an "exclusive buyer's agent", who will be working for you. "
John Tomasini, a broker who takes the time to insure the clients needs are successfully met. John's understanding of the market and the true values in todays repriced properties. Simply stated, when you decide to navigate the Steamboat Springs real estate market, your best interest is in having John represent you all the way to the closing.
A broker who has been after Trulia for over a year now to provide accurate data rather than data posted by whoever feels like it and at anytime frame they see fit (In other words - price drops are not posted when the price drops). Another example, I had a listing on this site for many months that was expired but could not delete or correct because a condo company out of Florida posted the listing. BUYER BEWARE - this maybe a slick tool - but its not accurate - and any broker can claim another broker's listing. Currently I have 14 listings but Trulia can only find 3.

If you want to search for homes and see the day a price drop - and rely on accurate (REAL TIME) data, use a local broker with local knowledge and a search engine that connects directly to the MLS of Steamboat Springs. RELY on our expertise- those who live here - not this software - which is cumbersome for the broker to use and very inaccurate in many cases. Come on Trulia - your making tons of money now I'm sure - fix the software or contact me for the solution. RETS. Every broker has a number assigned through NAR (National Association of Realtors) it seems simple enough to verify the listing with the broker so you are not wrongfully displaying bad data.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 25, 2009
Hey Chloe - great to see you in the supermarket last week. You look faaabulous, now can I see some pics of those bambinos? All the best,
Joy
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 24, 2009
Ch Loe, I know that I am and you are, as well. Why are we good brokers? First, we know Steamboat. Second, we have passion for our work and Steamboat as a place to live. And finally, we have relationships throughout the community that allow us to understand the pulse of the market from varying perspectives. Oh...and did I mention your mom? Anne Mayberry, Broker Associate, the Vanatta Group, Prudential Steamboat Realty. 970-845-1425