General Area in Chicago>Question Details

Tony Campos, Home Buyer in Naperville, IL

Which of these Chicago areas is best for 29yr old single male professional

Asked by Tony Campos, Naperville, IL Sun Aug 18, 2013

Hi all,

I'm a 29yr old single professional moving to the city. I currently live in Naperville. I have narrowed down my search to a few places and I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I'm still a little unsure what would be the best area for me.

I like to go out, but keep in mind that I'm 29yrs old, so I'm not looking for the 21yr old rowdy crowd. I like quitter bars, but I still like to meet people so I want somewhere where nightlife is good and close by.

I have one place in Old Town, but I've heard the crowd here is mostly in their 30's. I'm looking more for a 25-30yr old crowd. I also found two places east of Wrigleyville, but people have told me this area is full of really young people just getting drunk all the time.

Please look at the link below, I marked five properties that I've liked so far. Which one do you think is in an area that would work better for me?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/9zd8.png/

Thank you.

Answers

10
Dan Ghaowi’s answer
Because of fair housing laws, I don't think to many Realtors would like to engage. I will say this. Try hanging out in the area your shopping and get a feel for the neighborhood. This is the best way to feel it out. You know you and your preference. Take your time and keep in mind, if you're buying, your preference in party going will change and neighborhoods change.
Go over this with your Realtor and also the Trulia "Local Info" tab.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 30, 2013
That is an opinion question. I love Chicago so its tough for me to answer. You should talk to your friends and spend some time visiting these areas.
Hello Tony,

"B" hands down. Quiet area (unless you are close to Lincoln Ave), close to city, park, churches, and lake.

If you would like some help, just give me a call at 847-533-7115.

John Meyers, Meyers Realty
c: 847-533-7115
e: JohnMeyers@MeyersRealty1.com
I always tell my clients: If you find a place what you like a lot how it looks inside/outside..... than you drive around in the evenings and on the weekend and if you see yourself and your family in that place.... i will do everything possible to help you submit an offer and buy that place !
Find the home that works for you and take a taxi when you go out.
When you have some free time go and visit these areas and see if you like to amenities that are available within close walking distance to your new home.
Find a good realtor that can help you now that you have done some initial work.

If you need help, please let me know.
This is tough to blindly tell you which route to go. Get a good Realtor to help you out. They can get to know you and explore areas that fit you the best.
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
There are a lot of neighborhoods that might fit your bill. Have you considered West Loop? Its perfect for commuters going in and out of the city, easy access to freeways and a great restaurant scene. All these properties make this a very desirable neighborhood even from re-sale point of view.
Please contact me if you need any additional info.