General Area in Atlanta>Question Details

Andrew Wilki…, Trulia Community Manager in San Francisco, CA

Which neighborhoods have more young families and activities for kids?

Asked by Andrew Wilkinson, San Francisco, CA Tue Feb 21, 2012

Answers

8
There are a HUGE amount of neighborhoods with young families and things to do for kids. One of the very popular areas for young families right now (and also one of my fav to work in) is Grant Park. Its historical, the homes are full of charm, Grant Park is huge and very well kept, and you are right near the Atlanta Zoo! Also the neighborhood charter school is one of the best.

Tyler Willis, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Realty Intown Atlanta
(678)656-5524
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 22, 2012
HI Andrew,

Lucky for you there are many areas throughout intown and metro Atlanta that offer plenty of activities for children. First off, if you are going to be commuting to a job, I would figure out where that will be and plan from there. The traffic in Atlanta is tricky and if you do have a family, you will want to spend as little time in the car as possible.

As for neighborhoods on the north side of Atlanta, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Alpharetta, Johns Creek all offer shopping, dining, playgrounds, parks and sports activities. Intown Atlanta neighborhoods such as Morningside, VA Highland, Buckhead, Candler Park, Inman Park, Decatur (and Emory University area) offer the same and are often sought-after for their public schools. Smyrna and Vinings are just to the northwest of downtown Atlanta and are also popular areas.

Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg - I've lived in Atlanta my entire life. The good thing about Atlanta and the surrounding areas is there is a place for everyone here!

Best of luck with your move and let us know if we can be of assistance.

Amy McDaniel
The Chuck Smith Group
#1 Real Estate Team in DeKalb County
404-551-2607
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 21, 2012
I'm with Tyler. my wife and I moved to Atlanta more than 20 years ago, spent six months researching neighborhoods and quickly settled on Grant Park. I am still here, and it just keeps getting better every year.

For the money, Grant Park is by far the best value in Atlanta. Whether you are considering schools, restaurants, arts, community spirit, highway access, shopping, history, architecture, recreation and more, we have it all. Add in the Zoo, Cyclorama, and easy access to Turner field and all the major intown venues, and 10 minutes to the airport, what's not to love!
Dunwoody and Sandy Springs are both wonderful communities and great places to raise children. There are a wide range of activities and camps for kids. Here's an example of a great camp that we're going to send our oldest child to this summer at the Dunwoody Nature Center...http://www.dunwoodynature.org/.

Our team specializes in representing buyers and sellers in these areas.

Visit us at our website http://www.karlinllc.com to set up a search or contact us and we will do it for you. You can even search foreclosure and short sale listings in these areas on our "Hot Sheets" tab.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kira and Jason
Web Reference: http://www.karlinllc.com
For the last 6 years, I've been living in what I think is the best neighborhood in Atlanta for families and kids.

There are organized events practically every week, there's an onsite restaurant, pools, tennis, soccer, basketball court, gym, trails, countless pocket parks and dog parks... the whole community backs up to a state park and the end result is like you are living in a resort... Plus, it's 15 miles to the airport and 18 miles to downtown ATL.

Call any time and we can talk more... 770-851-5050
Web Reference: http://www.muffleyhomes.com
Andrew,

Many of the metro Atlanta, GA meighborhoods offer activities for the kids.
Swim Teams, & Tennis are the most popular. Parks & Recreation offer Softball, baseball, football, soccer and much much more. What area of Atlanta, are you thinking about ?

Isabel Elsesser, Realtor
Save Time & Money!
770-307-8751
First United Realty, Full Time & Full Service working Gwinnett, Dekalb,Fulton, Forsyth Counties.
Hi Andrew--
As you research a move to Atlanta, you will find that there are literally hundreds of great neighborhoods all over the metro area. I would be glad to help you figure out what your perfect neighborhood would be. I am a life-long resident of Atlanta, and I am familiar with many of the great family neighborhoods that are here.

In order to help you, I would need to know something about you and your family. A quick phone call would be an easy way to start. After talking with you for a few minutes, I would be able to give you some recommendations. I hope you will take a few minutes to give me a call.

Cordially,
Sherrie Crow
Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta
404-790-8184
Hi Andrew, thank you for your inquiry. As I see you're from CA (if current), are you relocating to ATL? If so, might you be just a little more specific, i.e any particular areas you already know and/or might interest you? Also, what type home appeals to you, i.e. single family, townhome, condo? I would be pleased to assist you, please email and/or call the contact info below.

I look forward to your reply and to helping you.

Sincerely

Elizabeth 'Beppy' Walton
C/404 234 9418
beppyswalton@gmail.com
http://www.beppyshomes.com