General Area in Prineville>Question Details

Mary Reid, Home Buyer in 97756

Which neighborhood is the best to live in Prineville, Oregon?

Asked by Mary Reid, 97756 Thu Jun 3, 2010

We will soon be retiring to Prineville, and are torn as to which area to settle in. Originally the downtown area really appealed to us, but this past year we have seen a real change in how people are caring for their homes, and can't believe how trashy some places look. So many foreclosures, and people losing their jobs and homes too, but having pride in your town would be nice.
The Ochoco West area or up towards Prineville Resivoir would probably be our options, so if anyone has any good or bad information to relay, that would be greatly appreciated! I also like the Barnes Butte area, but my husband isn't thrilled with it.
We LOVE Prineville.

Answers

3
It is great that you are asking this here. Hopefully you will get some people from the area to help you out with that. Unfortunately it that is question that a Realtor can not answer with out being in violation of steering, this is when when we
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 16, 2010
Ironwood Estates is a very nice area. It's 10 miles from town on the way to Prineville Reservoir and has gorgeous views of the Cascades. Paved roads and an HOA but no HOA dues as of yet. We own a 14 acre lot there that we are selling because when we purchased it, our plan was to build on it, but then two years later, found a lot overlooking the reservoir. Since my husband liked lake views, we built on that lot. Ironwood Estates is really a nice neighborhood of new homes and friendly people. You can have horses, llamas, etc. You would need to build a home, but Adair and several other companies make affordable housing with built in equity. You might try that route if you are looking for a nice house and you have the option of designing in what you would like in a home. I know what you mean about homes being run down and shoddy in town.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 16, 2010
Ironhorse a great community, close to everything! need more information contact me at river.watch@hotmail.com (we have a home there that we may sell next Spring) no realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012