General Area in Seattle>Question Details

Trulia Seatt…, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA

Which is the best neighborhood if you like hiking and outdoor activities?

Asked by Trulia Seattle, Seattle, WA Tue Mar 20, 2012

Answers

6
In Seattle, there are three communities which offer nearby access to some amazing outdoor recreation; Magnolia & Discovery Park, West Seattle and Lincoln Park, and the most pristine park in the city, Seward Park. At Discovery Park and Lincoln Park, you can hike down to the shore and watch sea birds, or glimpse an occasional seal. At Seward Park, the most pristine of city parks, you can wander through a forest of old-growth trees and observe eagles perched in the tree tops. Seward Park connects to Lake Washington Boulevard, an Olmstead designed boulevard, which is a popular bike route into downtown. Whether you like to kayak, bike, or just take a walk, these three communities offer you a superior outdoor experience with all the benefits of an in-city lifestyle.
On the eastside there are a number of options. Issaquah comes to mind due to the close proximity to Lake Sammamish, the bike trails in all directions, hiking on Squak and Tiger mountains, easy access to Snoqualmie Pass for other hikes, skiing and an easy commute to downtown.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 20, 2012
There are lots of great cities on the Eastside that bost hiking, nature and water. Try Sammamish, Issaquah or even Snoqualmie Ridge. Here is a link to the last mentioned.

http://www.thecascadeteam.com/snoqualmie-ridge.php
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 20, 2012
I'm going to vote Leschi - because it's close to Lk WA, Seward Park, and the Sea to Sound trail, but also a quick hop onto I-90 which leads you out to the Mtns. But really that's a tough choice - because all of our neighborhoods are terrific! Good luck in your search for that perfect spot!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 20, 2012
It makes no difference because there are wonderful places all over & the people in most neighborhoods like where they are. I would recommend that you decide where to live looking at other things that are important to you. I have lived all the way from cnetral Seattle to the north end of King county. If you want to discuss other things in detail, I would be happy to speak with you if you call me during the day during the week at 206-841-9976.
They're all good. The entire region is well suited for people who are into outdoor activities. What matters more is what kind of housing you're looking for; as well as your price range and where you'll be working or what school you'll need to be near.