General Area in 33160>Question Details

doree425, Home Buyer in Aventura, FL

Which is more "citified" Avenura or Sunny Isles? I ask because I would be relocating from NYC.

Asked by doree425, Aventura, FL Sat Apr 7, 2012

Answers

23
Sunny Isles is more citified for the following reasons:

1. Commercial/retail plazas: restaurants, banks, pharmacies, bars, clothing companies, etc
2. On main street - Collins Avenue
3. Right next to hotels/spas - Trump towers, Acqualina, etc

If you want a quiet version of NY then Sunny Isles would be perfect for you. Aventura is much more quiet and much more residential than Sunny Isles. Aventura Mall is only a 2 minute drive from Sunny Isles. Sunny Isles gives you the best of both worlds - business and pleasure (with the beach just minutes away).

If you're interested in dealing with an agent who lives in Sunny Isles and Aventura then feel free to reach out to me.

Mor Assouline
masso@kw.com
Real Estate & Marketing Consultant
Keller Williams Elite Properties
http://www.facebook.com/morproperties
morproperty.wordpress.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 28, 2013
Aventura has many more green areas and a wonderful mall, it is not far from the beach. I really suggest you to move to Aventura.

Adriana Malaga
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 22, 2012
Aventura is called the "City of Excellence" and they are right. Aventura has many more advantages than Sunny isles, and prices are not as high as Sunny isles.
Feel free to contact me for more information.

Jose Guzman C.

Florida Estate Realtor
English - Français - Español

http://www.MiamiApartmentsAndHomes.com
http://www.DevenirProprietaireMiamiBeach.com

Phone: +1(786) 370 3459
Fax : +1(305) 948 5093
Skype ID: realtymiami

Platinum Worldwide Realty LLC
16300 NE 19th Ave Suite B
North Miami Beach
Miami, FL 33132
USA
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 23, 2012
Neither of these seems "citified" to me. Aventura is a mix of condos and homes. Most of the condos are on the bay. They do have a nice mall, but there really isn't a downtown section.

Sunny Isles is beautiful with expensive condos on the ocean and shopping/restaurants across the street. It has a more touristy feeling.

Coral Gables and Coconut Grove both have nice "downtowns," but I would consider them more like towns than cities.

I think the closes to being "citified" is the Brickell area. It's south of downtown Miami with lots of condos, stores and restaurants. To me, this feels the most like a city. Hope this helps you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 8, 2012
Thank you. I appreciate the honesty.
Flag Sun Apr 8, 2012
City of Aventura is the highest quality and a city of excellence, providing responsive, cost-effective and innovative local government services. I recommend this city %100. For children is the best and its very safe environment. I am an Aventura resident and will love to assist you in your real estate search.
If you have any other question don't hesitate to contact me at my cell 7868991258.
Ivethe L Crespo
Aventura and Sunny Isles are different.
Aventura has many buildings, the Aventura Mall, Loehman's mall, another plaza with Target, best buy, Pets Mart, Whole foods, Aventura is more like a City., it has schools A, parks, library.. restaurants.

Sunny Isles is full of buildings, schools, parks, library, restaurants,and different than Aventura is that here you have the beach, but, both cities are 5 minutes apart, then you have to decide what do you like more, staying in a city with malls, or in a city with a beach.

If you want to contact me, it will be my pleasure to help you.

Warmest Regards,

Claudia Salamanca
Realtor Associate
REO Certified Specialist
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
786.553.31.33
claulicon@yahoo.com
Sunny Isles is more citified, here you can have that feeling. Aventura is great for school ratings and parks. Otherwise if you like the "city rush" then def Sunny Isles
Doree, if you are still in the market for a property I would love to help you. Where are you moving from up in NYC? I moved down her about 3/12 hours so I have a pretty go Idea right now as to what you are looking for.
If you still need help please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best
Gillian Polsky
Real Estate Professional
http://www.facebook.com/gillianpolskyrealty

Gillian
It all depends on what you're looking for. Since you're coming from NYC - you may want something close to that, and Aventura and Sunny Isles is not like NYC. Now having said that, you may be looking for something different, and anyone of these areas - Mid Town, Sunny Isles or Aventura area beautiful, but it will still depend on what you want. Feel free to contact me if you would like to explore your options, I would be happy to show you around.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
If your job will be in the North part of Miami then I would recommend between the two of them Aventura however if you are flexible I would go to midtown which is obviously centrally located keeping all the charm of Miami but with working/young population. Ideal to socialize, I think MidTown will perfectly match your requirements.
If you need my service I'll be glad to assist you wherever your choice will be.
Kind regards

SACHA
Beachfront Realty
Cell: 786.416.5776
Email: sacharealtor@gmail.com
FranceMiamiInvest
Hi my name is Edward Cambas. Nice to meet you.

The great news is that these two locations are only minutes apart linked by one bridge. You can benfit from both at the same time. Aventura has a large mall that everybody in the area frequents. The key is that Sunny Isles has the benefit of the ocean.

More good news is the prices right now for oceanfront and intracoastal rentals and condos. The whole market is way down and it provides an opportunity to get great value.

Edward E. Cambas, Lic. Real Estate Broker 786-200-8817 , Buy & Sell Real Estate Services, Inc an equal housing opportunity.

Http://www.edwardcambas.com
I moved to sunny isles from NYC 8 years ago and love it! Its pedestrian friendly and EVERYTHING is walking distance to the ocean which is why we move here to begin with! :o)
Grace Godoy O’Malley
Luxury Real Estate Specialist
Cell/Text  786-556-5796
GraceEva@Hotmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/OceanFrontRealEstate 

Decorus Group  |  Real Estate Perfected
16850 Collins Avenue, Suite 105
Sunny Isles Beach, FL  33160
Web Reference: http://www.gracegodoy.com
As of today Aventura is a bit ahead with a new Performing Arts Center. Both are fantastic cities. Just need the right Realtor, oto help you find the place that fits your lifestyle the best.

It might be Downtown or Brickell, depending on what you want to do and if you like to drive or not,

Doree425,

Miami is nothing like NYC, it's got its own "vibe" and style.
Interestingly enough, many New Yorkers move to Miami and settle in either Sunny Isles Beach, Bal Harbour, Surfside or Aventura, and they love it here...our main attraction is proximity to the beach, outdoor lifestyle (parks, mountain biking, surfing, boating, etc. etc.) with all of what Miami has to offer in about 30 to 40 minutes away (when you want to go see places/people/attractions/go out). Yet, not all the time, and not as empty after 5pm or on the weekends (although it is getting better).

You see, our "city" or downtown life is not like Manhattan city life after 5pm and on the weekends.
Crowds go from downtown to either Mary Brickell village, some restaurants in Brickell area, to Virginia Key (the only beach in downtown, through tolls), to South Beach (which is really Miami Beach), to Midtown little restaurants and shops, Design district which is an up and coming area...with some going to Coconut Grove and Coral Gables. But, Coconut Grove is like a village, and Coral Gables is active in a Miami way - a lot of "office buidlings', yet it is not like NYC. Nobody is running on the street, very laid back environment...I mean try to run in the hot and humid temps...

If you want to go out a lot - I suggest South Beach - because Downtown and Brickell areas are not far at all, and South Beach has the beach, its own attractions, and it is a pretty unique world of its own...worth of looking into.

If you want to live a resort life style with great infrastructure, lots of shops and restaurants, outdoor lifestyle, great parks...and be close to South Beach/Downtown and Brickell - for the opera, concert hall, ballet, galleries, clubs on your weekend or Thursday night, then there is no better area than Sunny Isles Beach - you just got to give it a chance when visiting. It's a combination of a small city with resort life style, with Aventura and Bal Harbour are on each side of it - with their own shops, restaurants and beautiful malls...Sunny Isles Beach breeze and luxuy buildings skyline against the backdrop of the ocean and sky blues is something I enjoy looking at every day!

To be fair, Aventura is a great place to live, but it's not on the beach...which makes it my second choice, comparing to Sunny Isles Beach.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
CDPE
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Beachfront Realty, inc.
The Aventura Express shuttle bus is a city run public bus service, free to Aventura residents. The Miami-Dade Transit, and Broward County transit bus systems also run through the city.

The most famous shopping attraction is Aventura Mall, shopping center. The outdoor malls are "Loehmann's Fashion Island," "Aventura Shopping Center," "Aventura Commons," "The Promenade Shops" and "The Shoppes at the Waterways."

The city also has its own exclusive parks and recreation department , Founders Park Bayside, Waterways Park, Waterways Dog Park, Veterans Park, The Community Recreation Center, And the new Liberal Arts theater.

In the center of the heart of Aventura is The Turnberry Golf Course encapsulated by Aventura's Country Club Drive Circle, a multimillion dollar horticultural 3 mile walking/jogging paved promenade which overlooks lakes, opulent residential high rises, yachts and the Atlantic Ocean.

Please, check out this side:

http://www.cityofaventura.com/

Larisa Stolyarov,

Beachfront Realty, Inc.

Realtor-associate,

Member of The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing

The Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)

305-321-2612 cell

larisa.stolyarov@gmail.com

http://www.larisastolyarov.com
Sunny Isles Beach is a city located on a barrier island in northeast Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. The City is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean on the east and the Intracoastal Waterway on the west. The population is 20,832.[citation needed]

Sunny Isles Beach is an area of cultural diversity with stores lining Collins Avenue, the main thoroughfare through the city.

It is a growing resort area and developers such as Michael Dezer have invested heavily in construction of high-rise hotels and condominiums while licensing the Donald Trump name for some of the buildings for promotional purposes. Sunny Isles Beach has a central location, minutes from Bal Harbour to the south, and Aventura to the north and west.

Sunny Isles Beach was also the 2008 site of MTV's annual "Spring Break" celebration, with headquarters at the local Newport Beachside Resort.

There a lot of restaurants, stores, different kind of Sunday schools for kids and much more.
Check out these links.

http://www.sibfl.net/

http://www.sibfl.net/about.asp

Larisa Stolyarov,
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
Realtor-associate,

305-321-2612 cell

larisa.stolyarov@gmail.com

http://www.larisastolyarov.com
I'd suggest you look at mid-town or Coral Gables. Neither Aventura or Sunny Isles aspires to "citification". Coral Gables is more European, walkable, with little stores and restaurants. Mid-town is a bit more urban, but artsy, and probably on the upswing.
Having lived in NYC 4 times and SFL for the last 13 years, I'd say Aventura is more of a City and Sunny Isles is more of a luxury Beach community. Both have great schools.

Aventura has a great mall, a new recreational center, a dog park, and now a performance arts center...and lots of condos, businesses, temples and traffic. There's a great walkway around Turnberry golf course.

Sunny Isles has lots of new luxury condos on the beach, new restaurants, great new playgrounds & parks, and did I mention, the Ocean?

Do you already have a job here? Have you found a new home? I live up the street. Let me know if I can be of help.

Catherine Kim Owens
954-536-0648
cjkowens@gmail.com

check out: http://www.hammerandhammerrealtygroup.com (to do some initial searches of current listings) or I can set up a customized search for you...
Hands Down; Aventura, The City of Excellence - Aventura ~ is far more congested and mainland. Sunny Isles Beach ~ The Florida Riviera is just a strip of land between the Intracoastal Waterway and The Atlantic Ocean.
Web Reference: http://dba22.com
Hi there again,
Living in Sunny Isles is living in the beach, that means you probably can walk to the beach if you live there and for more city think you have Aventura very close. But you will need a car or bus to get to Aventura.I used to live in one of the building that are in the sides of the William Caseway, and I felt I was close to both,the city and the beach.
LILIANA AMUCHASTEGUI
Realtor Associate
Yaffe International Realty
19300 West Dixie Hwy # 7
Aventura, FL 33180
Cell:305-3007473
I'm originally from NYC, we chose Sunny Isles because its
Hi Again,
I would say Sunny Isles, but they are very close and actually connected to each other by a causeway.

There are more service to walk to if you are a permanent resident in Aventura, such as the mall with movies and shops. Sunny Isles has more of a convenience atmosphere, catering a bit to the tourist or part time resident.
And you will definatly get more for your money as far as renting or purchase in Aventura. I have lived in both, and like both. You really need to visit and you will see which is more suitable to your lifestyle.
I would be glad to send you options for each if you tell me your criteria.

I look forward to assisting you.

Beth Jenkins
South Fl Brokers
786-374-4778
bethjenk1@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.arealtyteam.com