General Area in 30022>Question Details

Just Wonderi…, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

Which communities in the Alpharetta area are geared to 55 plus?

Asked by Just Wondering 4 Now, Atlanta, GA Tue Apr 23, 2013

Answers

4
There are actually many options for active adults over 55 in the Alpharetta area. The Orchards developments are certainly one of the options but there are also many other choices in the area. Jim Chapman is a major developer in the area for 55 and over communities who has a number of nice neighborhoods in Johns Creek, Duluth and East Cobb; these are all very convenient to the Alpharetta area. There are even 55 and over apartment complexes in and around Alpharetta that offer a great lifestyle for active adults who don't want to purchase a property. And we have condominium complexes geared to the 55 and over community in Alpharetta; Jamestown and The Villages of Devonshire just to name a couple.

So please don't limit your thinking when considering an active adult community. There are many more options out there if you know where to look. I would suggest that consider working with a Seniors Real Estate Specialist who is an expert in the field. And of course being an SRES myself I would be happy to help in any way I can. Call any time at 678.206.6041
Orchards at Jones Bridge (near the intersection of Jones Bridge and State Bridge), currently there are some available (2 bedroom, 2 bath) around the $160,000 range. They have a very active HOA and try to plan a lot of activities for the residents. These are attached homes.

A similar community on the west side of Hwy 400 is Orchards at Crabapple, this area is off Rucker Road (which is what Old Milton Parkway turns into as you go west of Hwy 400), just past Houze Road. They are 3 bedroom, 2 bath properties in the $210s to $220's range.

Also on the west side of Hwy 400 is Orchards at Hopewell, this is west of Hwy 9, north of downtown Alpharetta, off Hopewell Road. They have a property in the $160's that's a 2 bedroom, 2 bath.

The Orchards of Sweet Apple is also in the Crabapple area (where Rucker Road dead ends into Crabapple). They are in the $210's to $220's with 3 bedroom, 2 bath properties.

As you can see, there is a theme with "The Orchards" with similar layouts from the same builder/developers. They all have in common good amenity packages with HOA fees that include yard maintenance, so you can travel with peace of mind.

This is just a sample of what's out there.

Please give me a call if you need additional assistance.

Thanks!

Kathy

Katherine L. Morrison, CRS
Realtor/Owner
Team Realty Group
Alpharetta, GA
404-697-4626 (direct)
kathy@chipandkathy.com
There are limited 55+ neighborhoods in Alpharetta with a few more further down in Roswell. You might consider the nearby counties of Forsyth to the north, Cherokee to the northwest and Cobb slightly southeast as the tax exemptions for seniors in those counties can save you well over a thousand per year. And you would still be a relatively short distance from Alpharetta. Other considerations are whether you desire a detached home or an attached ranch condo, usually built in groups of four attached such as the Orchards of Windward in Alpharetta.

Our group specializes in working with Active Adults and my partner Kathy lives in such a community, giving us great insight into the variables seniors should consider when moving to this type of neighborhood. If you would like further information and a tax chart of the counties that we have created for seniors, feel free to call me at 404-323-0049. And don't think it is too early to start talking to an expert- most of our clients take well over a year to make their move.
there are a few communities in the alpharetta Johns creek area... the orchards at Jones bridge and the villas at johns creek...the orchards has a new fabulous community in cumming, which is not far from alpharetta.... if I can help you further please call me at 678-427-199
678-427-1999
Flag Tue Apr 23, 2013