General Area in 19041>Question Details

Nprimus, Home Buyer in Drexel Hill, PA

Where to look near Mainline? 160K, commute=approx. 20mins, taxes<3500, hardwoods, play area for child? No fixer, single family home preferred.

Asked by Nprimus, Drexel Hill, PA Thu Jan 21, 2010

HELP! I currently work on the Mainline, but live in Drexel Hill. I'm looking to buy (given the tax credit and all), but my budget is limited ($160K). Drexel Hill is okay, but I'd prefer to be a little closer to Lancaster Ave. I have a very small child and want some green space for her in a safe neighborhood. I want to buy in an area that is close to work (no long commutes), but I'm not familiar with the area or values. I want something that's not going to decline and that I can potential rent (either when I live in it or if I move). Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

5
Tough to find at that price point. The Main Line is probably a tough one for you, but there are great areas around thats for sure!
HI Nprimus, have you found a realtor to work with yet? I would suggest picking a Buyer Agent to focus on all your needs. If they know they are exclusively representing you, you will receive their full attention. Let me know if I can help or refer a collegue for you. Once you find a realtor, they can send you listings that include tax info, maps, extra pictures, square footage, etc. They also will do all the searching for you and show you homes in your price range. I hope this helps.

-Cheryl Supplee
Hi I believe he said she would prefer not to live in Drexel Hill. Try Ardmore
I have a really nice oe in Drexil Hill. Call or email me with your requirements.
Nprimus,

You should contact in agent in the Drexel Hill area. They will be able to send you indepth details about properties in that area and in your price range. I work for Prudential Fox & Roach in NJ but we have agents all over PA that would be in the area you are looking.

Here is a link to search for an agent to contact. http://www.prufoxroach.com/Locator/AgentOffice.aspx

Either call or email an agent. If you know of someone who has purchased a home lately ask them for a reccomendation.