General Area in Princeton>Question Details

Greg, Renter in Princeton, NJ

Where should a young couple consider living in the greater Princeton area?

Asked by Greg, Princeton, NJ Wed Dec 15, 2010

My wife and I are moving from Boston to the Princeton area for a new job. Any advice for a young couple on where to live? We area very active and like to walk places and will miss the city, but understand it will be different. We would still like to be somewhere where there is a town center and at least a little action. We are both very unfamiliar with the area. We're probably looking for a 2-bed condo, either to rent or buy. We'd like to minimize commuting time to Princeton and would also like to be close to the train in case we want to go to NYC. Living right in Princeton sounds ideal, but it also seems much more expensive then the surrounding area. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Answers

10
Joyce Begg’s answer
Princeton, Lawrenceville, Pennington......I suggest Pennington it is a great place to live and there are affordable condos available to rent or to buy. You will not be dissapointed in Pennington walk, ride bikes, walking trails, shopping, close to major roads to travel to NYC, Phila, Jersey Shore.
Wonderful place to live call me if you would like more information on what is available right now or e-mail I would be happy to send you information on all three towns to help you make a good decisioin.

Joyce Begg
Weidel Realtors
25 years of experience working for you!
609-658-5839
e-mail: Krytex@aol.com
The original poster asked his question in 2010.

Asked by Greg, Princeton, NJ • Wed Dec 15, 2010
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 11, 2013
Wow !! The Original Poster posted this question in 2010

No wonder we get maligned by sellers & buyers for not listening or paying attention to their interests!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
There are many 2-bed condo, townhouse communities in West Windsor, Princeton, Plainsboro, even Ewing, Pennington, East Windsor, one way or the other close to the train station.
Thank you very much.

Christina Wang
Weichert Realtors
Office : 609-799-3500
Cell : 609-865-8148
The Plainsboro area is located about 5 miles from Princeton,NJ.
Please copy and paste this link.

http://plainsboronj.org/content/plainsboro-village-center.html
Greg
Its obvious most the Agents who answer your questions, myself included, would love to help you find a home. My best advice is to interview a few of the agents in the area find who you're comfortable with and then choose them as your buyers agent. Otherwise you'll get a lot of "call me and I can help you" answers. Best of luck in the home buying process Princeton is a great place to live!

Jeremy Robinson
REALTOR
Prudential Fox & Roach, REALTORS
http://www.prufoxroach.com
253 Nassau Street Princeton, NJ 08542
Cell. 609-658-3237
Fax. 609-288-7222
JermRob@Gmail.com
Jeremy.Robinson@Prufoxroach.com
Hi! I moved to the Greater Princeton area from NYC (grew up in Rhode Island) some 20+ years ago. Princeton is located directly between NYC and Philadelphia with many local "town centers" and lots to do. Areas surrounding Princeton include; West Windsor, Plainsboro, Lawrence, Montgomery and South Brunswick. For questions on mortgages please call Dave McDermott, Wells Fargo Cell: 732-991-3193. Dave is a great source of advice and mortgage information. Rentals are also plentiful, both in apartment complexs and from private Landlords alike. Prices range community community based on square footage, upgrades, desirability of location, ammenities, etc.
If I can be of help feel free to call or email me.

Karen Evertsen
Realtor-Associate
THE CONDO QUEEN
Condo & Townhome Specialist
RE/MAX Greater Princeton
Office: 609-951-8600 Ext. 136
Cell: 609-658-8934 <<< BEST WAY TO REACH ME!!!
Email: CondoQueenKaren@aol.com
Web Reference: http://CondoQueenNJ.net
Hi Greg,

Sounds like Canal Pointe/Colonnade Pointe in West Windsor would be ideal... There are plenty of 2 bedroom condos for rent and/or sale, you are next door to the D&R Canal and minutes to the Princeton Junction train station with express trains into NYC and minutes to downtown Princeton where there are a lot of activities for young couples.

If you would like to visit, please contact me directly.

Beatrice Bloom
Weichert, Realtors
609-577-2989
When I hear the word expense I request our clients to place all on spread sheet and consider expense of gas. Is it less expensive in long run pay more , reduce time, wear on car OR move further out have gas, maintenance on car AND commute time.

Many of our relo's we recommend lease if you unconfirmed what area therefore you don't have huge financial commitment with mere 6 month lease for an apt. then you can fact find more .

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Hey Greg
Monmouth county in places is can be 15-20 minutes to work in Princeton and there are many area that attract the young crowd because of the night life. Also there are many desireable beach communities within 30 minutes of princeton area as well.

Let me know if you would like an email containing some of these listings in your budget.
Jeremy Gryvatz