General Area in Greenwich>Question Details

Jgubs, Renter in Greenwich, CT

Where in Greenwich, CT can we live? We need child friendly, UMC neighborhood, walkable and most importantly, walkable to train station to NYC.

Asked by Jgubs, Greenwich, CT Thu Mar 31, 2011

We have two elementary school aged children, so great public schools is a must. Another big constraint is the fact that I don't drive and need to commute to NYC, so need to be able to get to the train station (walk or bus). My husband works in Greenwich already. Does such a neighborhood exist? We will probably rent a house and/or apartment in the beginning.

Answers

5
check out this link, this apartment is walkng distance to town, train, everything. 20 Church Street, located right near Greenwich Avenue, good school district, 24 hour doorman. 3 bed, 2 bath 1500+ sq ft.

http://www.trulia.com/rental/3039773205-20-Church-St-B34-Gre…

contact Kaye Lewis at William Ravies (888) 699-8876
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 14, 2013
Both Old Greenwich and Central Greenwich are great options. Old Greenwich has a slower pace and is very convient to the beach as well. Central Greenwich will give you more shopping options and cut your commute by a few minutes.
Hope that is helpful!

Jordan Dolger
Higgins Group
jdolger@higginsgroup.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 6, 2011
There are a couple of great rentals at the moment - one is a renovated shore colonial in Old Greenwich - adorable...it even has a 2 car garage -
great village, walk to the train, lots of activities for kids....let me know how i can help.

Deb Halsey
deb.halsey@raveis.com
Jgubs,

We are currently renting a fully-renovated 2 bedroom (1,000 square foot) apartment about a 1/2 mile from the Greenwich train station. My son (currently in first grade) attends the Julian Curtis elementary school - which he loves. We plan to move out the end of May or middle of June because we have purchased a house in Greenwich. If interested in the apartment, please let me know.
Hello Jgubs,
There are quite a few rentals available in central Greenwich off the main street (Greenwich Ave.) that are within walking distance to the train. Depending upon your price range, there are condos and units available within multi-family homes.
Please, feel free to contact me to discuss your needs and desires as then I could send you some rental homes to view on-line.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
laurafeghali@prudentialct.com
203-536-4802