Shelley, Other/Just Looking in Providence Forge, VA

Where do people,who live in Brickshire, do their grocery shopping, etc.? Is the closest shopping in either Williamsburg or Richmond?

Asked by Shelley, Providence Forge, VA Sun Sep 18, 2011

Answers

5
I live in Brickshire and shop locally if I don't want to go anywhere else. 10 minutes to Providence Forge Food Lion, Rite- Aide, post office, hardware, doctors, dentist, restaurants, etc. If headed west, exit 195 on 64 is White Oak Village, (20 minutes) to Pennys, Target, Martins, Sams, Lowes, PetSmart, OfficeMax, many smaller stores and restaurants. Or take 295 to Mechanicsville and all the stores you want including Walmart (20 min). Or go East toward Williamsburg. 15 minutes to FarmFresh in Lightfoot, 20 minutes to Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, 25 minutes to outlets and 30 minutes to NewTown.

And if you really do not want to drive 10 minutes, the hit the PIT Stop on 155 for necessities.
I really think the peace and beauty of this area more then make up for any driving time!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 20, 2013
There are several grocery stores in New Kent . A lot of residents still do there grocery shopping either in Mechanicsville, Henrico (White Oak Mall area) or Williamsburg. It's a easy commute to these locations since Brickshire is located only a few minutes from I-64.
Mechanicsville is about 23 miles away and straight up 64. Lots of stores and restaurants there without the hassle of driving in Williamsburg traffic - especially in the summer.
Food Lion is less than 5 miles away. Come out of Brickshire and turn left, then left on 60... it's there. Blooms is two exits east... maybe 10 minutes. Less than 1/2 hour to Lightfoot... WalMart, Lowes, HomeDepot, Hospital...
Lots of new stores on the East side of Richmond (Laburnum Ave)... maybe 20 minutes.
I have relatives thqat live in Brickshire they mostly go to Williaamsburg. Route 60 to right on Richmond Rd or 64 East to lightfoot exit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011