General Area in Dallas>Question Details

Shawn, Other/Just Looking in

Where can we buy a vintage home within 1-2 hours of Dallas on the lake that allows boating?

Asked by Shawn, Wed Jul 3, 2013

Would love an older home on a lake that is not well known so not expensive. New to Dallas area so very limited in knowledge of the area lakes.

Answers

9
Barbara Wilson’s answer
If you don't mind going a little farther, you might try Possum Kingdom Lake. It is still within 2 hours of the DFW area. About 2 hours from Ft. worth is Procter Lake. These areas may be more reasonable than the ones closer to the Metroplex.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Barbara Wilson
StarCrest Realty, LLC
214-564-7579
call me and ill do a very specific and personalized search for you :)

214-714-3137

Jelena
What is your definition of vintage?
What price range do you want to be?
Do you need dockable lakefront?
Do you just want a view of the lake?

You can check out some samples here:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/propertyid/12150796…
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Shawn, you may consider Lake Cherokee, close to Longview - it is a 2-hour drive up I-20 from Dallas. It is a private, quiet lake; while it is not generally inexpensive, there are some good 'vintage' homes that are still very good values, and now is an excellent time to look before the lower-priced homes are snatched up. There is quite a selection now below 300k, and a few good ones below 200k. There are many other amenities that make Lake Cherokee a good choice; if you'd like to know more, please email me!

Nancy Peralta, Realtor
Suzanne Cook & Co/Cherokee Shores
903.241.6109
LongviewHomes4Sale@gmail.com
Yes you should check out Lake Cypress Springs near Tyler. It is spring fed and water levels are consistent. It has inlet lots as well main lake views. Reasonably priced.

Darryl Morris
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs
214-783-9147
darrylmorris@remax.net
There is Rockwall which has a lot of inexpensive homes.

You can visit my website at http://www.findyourtexashome.com/rockwall/ for homes in the area.

THanks

Dixon
Nothing in or around Dallas is hidden. We are a major metropolitan area.
Hello Shawn! You could consider Highland Village and Highland Shores on Lake Lewisville, which is about 45 minutes North of Dallas. Also, there's Lake Ray Hubbard and Lake Ray Roberts and Lake Lavon - all w/n an hour of Dallas, on the East side. Or you could go North West of Dallas, and closer to Fort Worth to Lake Worth or Lake Bridgeport or Lake Weatherford or Eagle Mountain Lake. And, of course you could go South of Dallas to Joe Pool Lake and South West to Lake Granbury. Of course, there's White Rock Lake inside of Dallas, and there are plenty of housing options all around White Rock Lake, and you could join one of the boat clubs there, and leave your boat at the dock. And, there's Lake Grapevine and Hackberry Creek! The very first place to start is with a lender, so that you know your price points. Next you find a knowledgeable Realtor who knows DFW Metro-Plex. I do. I've been a Realtor for 24 years and I'm a Dallas native. I would be more than happy to find you a home. Give me a call! Nicki - Mobile: 214-405-8815.
I would look at Cedar Creek Lake (Gun Barrel City, TX)