General Area in Phoenix>Question Details

Garrett Covi…, Both Buyer and Seller in Placentia, CA

Where can I get a list of 55 plus communities and the amenities each has in Phoenix and surrounding areas.?

Asked by Garrett Covington Iii, Placentia, CA Wed Jun 8, 2011

My wife and I are active 76 yr old, but do not golf or tennis. In looking in the Phoenix area, I ran across Sun City, Sun City West, Sun City Lakes, etc. I know there are many more communities of that type in the Phoenix area. We want a second home, but I would like to buy one in an area that has a lot of clubs, workshops, activities, etc, and one that has better possibilities of holding or increasing in value. Looking for single family homes 3 or 4 bedrooms, no pool.

Answers

12
You can see listings in all of the communities, as well as a list of the communities themselves, on the website listed below. Best of luck in your search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 9, 2011
Jonathan, you have put together some good information on retirement communities. Gave you a thumbs up for providing a useful link. I am sure Garrett and his wife will find your site valuable.
Garrett, congratulations on making Arizona your vacation/retirement home. Sun Lakes which is located in the SE Valley offers some of the activities you're hoping to find, but Sun City or Sun City West offers the most. Best of luck with your new home!
I am an experienced agent who lives and sells both new and existing homes in the Del Webb Community of Sun City at Merrill Ranch. It is a newer area and has fabulous amenities. It is a very active community with all kinds of hobbies, classes, dinners, dances, crafts, etc., etc. It is certainly worth your looking at. Prices are fabulous for very nice homes and the HOA fee is less than $100 per month per home ! Our workout facilities are fabulous and both inside and outside pools are top notch. You will find brand new homes plus some existing less than four years old. Prices are from $150 to $400. The residents are from all over the US and Canada.

Call me for more details if you are interested.
Claudia H. Wilson
claudia@azrealtorgroup.com
Arizona Real Estate Professionals, LLC
480-433-2675
I am not sure how surrounding you are looking for but, here is a list of Prescott 555+ communities.
http://everythingprescott.com/home-search/prescott-adult-com…
Best of luck to you.
Brad
Garrett -

I have two different clients who recently purchased in an active adult living community and they love it! It is a wonderful, upscale community that has exactly what you are looking for (in your description)

Both couples were moving into our area from other states and did not want to have to "work" at finding friends and wanted many opportunities for clubs and activities.

I would be happy to provide more information.

Please feed free to call or email me.
Patty Schmid
Prudential Arizona Properties
(480) 889-4449
Web Reference: http://www.pattyschmid.com
I will work on a list for you!

Feel free to contact me at your convenience!

lucindat@longrealty.com
602-799-6846
Dear Garrett:

There are many senior living communtities, the most famous being the Del Webb Sun City and Sun City West developments.

I am not aware of a master list that is kept current showing the names of the communities.

However, your Realtor will be able to show you all properties available for sale in senior communities. The name and location of the senior community will show on these listings. If you are interested the community can be contacted for a list of their features and services.

Sun City is well maintained with many services, golf, retail, restauarants, clubhouses all close by. Here are some 3 and 4 bedrooms currently for sale: http://www.flexmls.com/link.html?u93bxxiwowp,12,1

Jeff Masich, Realtor
Arizona Homes and Land, LLC
HomeSmart Realty
Web Reference: http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
Use this link below to search the MLS for age restricted. Near the bottom left, click on "Special Listing Cond". Then select "Age Rstrt". Add any other search options and you will get a list of homes in the greater Phoenix area that are age restricted.

Look at the comments of the various listings to see what amenities are offered. Also, find a REALTOR® in the Phoenix area to help you research communities.
City of Phoenix (Housing) and DES Adult Services also publishe a list of "senior housing" But their lists are sometimes not up to date so I suggest asking a real estate agent to search MLS, particularly in Northwest Phoenix, Peoria and Glendale which do have several single family 55+ communities.
The local MLS (multiple listing service) should also keep a list. Sometimes the right local website allows you to search for the 55+ homes only.
There are several 55+ communities in the Phoenix Area. I would be happy to send listings of the active homes if you like. I know the one in Ahwatukee (south east valley) has a recreation center with many activities, clubs, woodworking, gym and the area has lots of shopping and other activities.
Evelyn Thorn
HomeSmart Realty
azrealestatepro@gmail.com
480-248-4577