General Area in Charlotte>Question Details

LKN Investor, Both Buyer and Seller in Charlotte, NC

Where can I find recent (last 90 days) sales records and determine which ones were financed vs.cash?

Asked by LKN Investor, Charlotte, NC Mon Aug 9, 2010

I have an out of state partner who has asked me to search tax records for the last 90days and determine which ones were cash. I am new at this and using the GIS for Mecklenburg I could not determine which sales were finance vs. cash. I hear investors saying they find these records all the time but I am strking out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

4
If you have a specific area of interest a real estate broker can help you to determine which homes in a given area were cash, conventional, fha, va, etc. They can also tell you how much the seller contributed as a concession for the buyer for things such as closing costs. This only applies to houses that were listed through the MLS database and not FSBOs or other such sales. It can give you a general feel for what the trends are in a given area.

Let me know if I can be of assistance to you. One of my areas of expertise is helping investors to identify distressed properties for the purpose of fixing to flip or rentals.

Blessings upon you...
Jan Teel
TEEL Realty
704-641-0267 (cell)
Some investors, who are not working with a Realtor, use Court House Retrieval. It is a paid service and from what I I understand, it will show you which properties have loans on them and which ones don't. You can research this online or work with a real estate agent which will not cost you any money. I am a real estate agent as well as an investor and would be happy to help you, if you would like help. Just contact me.

April Crowder
REALTOR, Broker, GRI
Coldwell Banker United, REALTORS
Licensed in NC & SC
704-533-2220
A Realtor can look this information up on MLS. The type of financing, final sales price, and any concessions will be listed. You will need to use a broker in order to gain that information. Please email me at erin@mytownhome.com if you need assistance.
I am one of the brokers doing these cash deals constantly with investors. I close about 6 to 8 per month with cash buyers and about 1-2 per month with buyers using loans. I am probably able to help but I'm confused as to why your partner wants to know this information. Can you help me with that so I can help you?