General Area in Birmingham>Question Details

Tbodley, Home Buyer in Bessemer, AL

Where can I find investor friendly real estate agents in Birmingham, AL?

Asked by Tbodley, Bessemer, AL Wed Apr 3, 2013

These types of agents are hard to find in my opinion. Agents only want to work with people who are looking to buy homes from them that are used as their primary residence. It's like either buy a house from them or they want nothing to do with you end of story. I'm only speaking from past experience.

Answers

5
Most Real Estate Agents that I work with work with Investors all fo the time. It is however critical that the Buyer has realistic expectations in purchasing a property. I have seen where some Buyers insist on writing low-ball offer and low-ball offer against the advice of their Agent. An Agent is generally only going to do that so many times before it turns into a waste of their time.

Due to low inventory levels, many properties are selling much closer to List Price and some are going for higher right now. The Buyer must understnad that this is the current market and offer accordingly. A Buyer who is organized and knows what they want is also much easier to work with. Someone who continually changes their criteria is going to be much more difficult to satisfy. All of these things are very important to keep in mind.

If you are looking to purchase a property, working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your mortgage options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 4, 2013
Thanks. You say it is bad to make low ball offers. I can speak from what I have seen in my area as well as other areas outside of my local community. Homes that were being sold by listed agents at retail never ever got sold. You mean if I was to make a low ball offer to buy a home in cash, sellers still wouldn't accept the offer? I know the offer may be low, but if I was a highly motivated seller in tough situation where I needed to sell my house fast then I would sell it for the cash offer.
Flag Thu Apr 4, 2013
Tbodley I'm to hear that you've had such a bad experience. Usually real estate agents consider investors dream clients so it's unusual that I hear anything different. Best wishes in your quest to find the right agent.
Thanks Charita. The ones I dealt with will contact me once and never hear back from them again. I began to look at agents in a bad way after that. They were "too busy."
Flag Thu Apr 4, 2013
I love investors! First, I am one myself. Second, it is better business for me, investors buy and sell more often than primary home buyers. Tbodley, while prices, interest rates are low and demand is solid, it is a great time to build your investment. Click my name to get my contact info and see my profile.
Hi Tbodley, like Adam I have several investors that I work with and I give the same amount of attention as I do my folks that are looking for their new home :-) its a crazy market right now and a great time to buy houses so if I can be of any help to you please don't hesitate to call me. :-)

Take care and good luck!!!

Lori Weidenbach
205-369-5725
Lori@birminghamhousehunters.com
Tbodley, I have a pool of investors that I work with on a regular basis. I do have a few requirements for investors - if I'm to be loyal to you, I expect you to be loyal to me and you provide me with POF prior to my beginning of you working with me.

I'd be honored to be of service to you. Feel free to contact me at your convenience at 205-461-2370 or adamcox92@gmail.com.

Adam Cox