General Area in Sonoma>Question Details

ann.flynn, Home Buyer in Sonoma, CA

Where can I find info on how a particular parcel is zoned annd what is allowed on that zoning (ag, rentals, weddings/events). Thank you.

Asked by ann.flynn, Sonoma, CA Mon Jan 6, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:


Terri has given you the best way to go about finding the zoning, but also potential uses of the land. I've looked at dozens of properties in Sonoma and Napa counties that were zoned for use A or B, only to be told by a helpful person in the county office that even though they're zoned right, restrictions are in place that will keep anyone from actually using the land as they might intend. Always best to speak with someone who can fill in the gaps for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 7, 2014
Sonoma Permit & Resource Management Department (PRMD) has a hotline re: zoning questions (707) 565-1900 option 9. With a property address or better, parcel number, they will be able to tell you what zoning is and give you some general guidelines, etc.

From there, you can go on-line and there is detailed information for what allowable based on zoning. Beyond that, have to take a trip in person to Santa Rosa and dig into what septic, well and permit history shows for the property.

Hope this helps -
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 6, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer