General Area in Plano>Question Details

Kwgray0001, Other/Just Looking in Plano, TX

Where can I find a comprehensive listing of HOA Dues for townhome communities in the Dallas, TX area?

Asked by Kwgray0001, Plano, TX Tue May 18, 2010

Currently investigating the rates for monthly HOA dues in the Plano area. A wide range is shown for various properties. Is there a state-controlled website with current and accurate information?

Answers

7
A title company may have recent records for some--a real estate agent might be able to check it for you. I'd be happy to try to assist!
Susan
972-489-0228
I haven't seen any government-controlled websites but the AHRC runs an interesting site. Nobody I know of has all the HOAs run down, though.
I've never seen a site like that. I certainly don't think there is any state controlled website.
There's only a handful of townhome communities in Plano though, so it shouldn't be too hard to put together your own list.

To search for townhomes currently for sale in Plano, just follow the link below.
http://www.mlsfinder.com/tx_ntreis/robertbrucelynn?action=ne…

Bruce Lynn
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
There is always going to be a wide range based on how the utilities and other common areas expenses are divided up and that is also based on the square footages of each individual units.

Sometimes a property may or may not pay for common or shared utilities such as water. If each individual unit is plumb for their own water source then you would have a smaller bill rather than including the water.

So, just because they vary you would need to know each individual properties way of working that out. I think the properties are private and controlled by the individual associations.
Unfortunately there is not a state-controlled website for this...in fact, there isn't even a local county or city website for this. As stated below, each Home Owner Association is set up and run differently. Some HOA's are run by the people who live in the community, while others are run by outside third-parties or management companies. Many HOA's are mandatory, but some are voluntary (however in a townhome situation it's usually mandatory). Additionally, Home Owner Associations costs and what you get for the price will vary from location to location. Some HOA's are higher than others but include utilities as well as use of common facilities and management fees. Others may carry blanket insurance for the exterior of the units. Some even charge more for larger units.

Your best bet is to find a location that you like, and then investigate that particular property. If you need assistance in the Plano area, please feel free to call. Our team of professionals is here to assist you and there's no cost to you as a buyer for our services.

Melissa Hailey
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry Realtors
North Texas Top Team, Realtors
214-418-0180
Melissa.Hailey@ColdwellBanker.com
Not that I am aware of great question.

Each community offers different amenities per the HOA regulations. More of luxury community higher HOA fees which would include pool, tennis courts, security, landscaping , play grounds for children, depends on type of insurance involved and etc.

Best locate a community you like then determine if the HOA fees work within your budget lender approval amounts. WHEN you compare HOA fees vs. maintaining a single family home in some instances less expensive for a multi family dwelling.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
HI KW,

Unfortunately HOA dues are managed by the individual homeowners association and the amount listed in the multiple listings system comes from the information provided by the homeowner or borrowed by the listing agent from another property. The only accurate way to determine the dues is to contact the management company for the HOA or in some cases there may be an onsite management office at some townhome communities.

Figuring out which management company represents the HOA is the next challenge. It should be listed in the Seller's Disclosure. Get your agent to do some of this leg work for you for the communities that you are interested in. If you don't have an agent, give me a call.