General Area in Denver>Question Details

Jaime Rohrer, Renter in Denver, CO

Where are the best places to live in Denver with a family? And places to rent and how much rent is in Denver?

Asked by Jaime Rohrer, Denver, CO Mon May 21, 2012

Answers

10
Recently divorced mom looking at to relocate to the Denver area this June 2013 with a family of 5 children ranging in ages of 15,12,10,5, and 6mos. Looking for good schools, daycare in an area that this is family friendly. Looking to lease/rent, for about 1-2 years something that won't break the bank if you know what I mean..... heard that the Buckley area is nice? I use to live in the area close to aurora area 20 years ago but I hear that Denver has changed so much, just want some help finding a good safe area with good schools for me and my children. Also need a good job... how is the job market in the Hospitality management industry?
Hello Jaime - very vague question. Can you give us more information? What is your rental budget? Do you have funds/credit/income to qualify to purchase a home? How long of a lease are you seeking? You mention, "FAMILY." How big is your family? Do you have pets? Children? What ages?
Dear Jaime,

The Cherry Creek School District are nationally ranked schools and great areas for what you are liiking for. Call me if you would like more information about which areas these are (it is a number of different areas). Call me at 303-856-8980.

Click on this link to find out more info on the area.

http://www.denverrealestatenow.net/mimarket/zip/80111/

Ethan Besser, CDPE, CNE, IMSD
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Broker Associate
Keller Williams - DTC
Cell: 303.856.8980
Fax: 303.539.4809
http://www.DenverRealEstateNow.net
http://www.RealEstateColoradoNow.com

The Besser Choice in Real Estate!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
I'd like to know more about your preferences.

One place to check out is the Cherry Creek area. You'll have easy access to I25, great shopping and dining a walk away, and best of all - a hiking/ biking/ rollerblading path that will take you all the way down to the Cherry Creek State Park and more. There is good fishing a 40 minute drive south near Chatfield reservoir. The schools and educational opportunities are good here too.

If you prefer to be a little further from the center, you may want to consider the Greenwood Village area - near the DTC.

You will find good rentals in both areas. Of course, some other areas may fit your criteria best. Contact me if you'd like to talk.
Hi Jaime The best place to live in Denver is where you and your family feel connected. Talk to those people who have your best interests at heart. If you are flying blind interview Realtors and pick their brain and their heart to see if they can offer you the connection needed. It requires a bit of a leap of faith but we know when someone is truly helpful to us. Good luck! Happy trails Tripp Young/Re/Max Pros
Denver is a great city, vibrant, diversified and big. Knowing your price range, important criteria and must have features will help agents advise you here. Also, our real estate market is really picking up. Considering the low interest rates still available, you may want to amend your question: "Where is the best place to buy!" Give me a call/email to schedule time for a coffee meeting to discuss your needs.
Jaime,
Check with the property management firms in the area of Denver you have already decided fit your criteria for a home. You can find many of these with a Google search. They also can price what you will need.

If you're contemplating an eventual home purchase, you do want to locate in the general area you think could be a permanent home.

Littleton is an excellent choice. Littleton and the Cherry Creek school districts are excellent. Highlands Ranch gets high praise and the Jefferson County school district is consistently rated high.

If you don't mind a commute, Boulder County has a lot to offer and its school districts are among the best in the nation.

Suz
PML
Property Movers of Longmont
720.810.0683
bouldersuz@gmail.com
BoulderSuz, just stopping buy to say hello. Always appreciate your comments. Hope all is well with you. Looks like you work a big area from Boulder to Higlands Ranch. Steady on.
Flag Tue May 22, 2012
It is difficult to tell you the best place to live since there are so many great places in and around Denver metro. You may want to start with where you work or want to work and see what neighborhoods are within 5 miles. Commutes can be long and congested if you live far from work. Other things that can determine what part of town to live in - how old are your kids and what type of schools are you looking for? Do you need to be close to the airport? Do you want to be close to the mountains or bike trails? Do you like older neighborhoods or new? Do you want a yard? Do you want to walk to the library, parks or restaurants? Rents will vary depending on location - for instance, in Stapleton (new urban development) you will find rents to be $2000 and up for a 3 bedroom. You are paying for good schools, walkable neighborhood, and close proximity to downtown. Good luck and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Cheers,
Nina Kuhl
Cherry Creek Properties, LLC
C: 303-913-5858
Jaime,
Denver is fantastic place to live no matter how you slice it. And there are a LOT of great neighborhoods to choose from. I second Ethans' Comment: Cherry Creek School District is a model school district for the country and you can't really go anywhere wrong there. There are some fantastic old central Denver neighborhoods to choose from as well if suburbs aren't your thing (which is where Cherry Creek School District is). So a lot depends on your lifestyle and perhaps a consideration for possible commute. Douglas County is in the South part of the metro area and VERY popular for families and with good schools as well. Best of luck and let me know if you have other questions you'd like answered. I LOVE sharing my knowledge of this town with people who want to learn about it.

JON
Jaime,

There are so many great places to live in Denver it is hard to go wrong. Are you from out of state? It would be good for you to drive around some of the awesome Denver neighborhoods and then check out Craigslist and some of the property management sites like Rent.com. Each area is going to be a little different when it comes to price. I would say the average 3 bedroom, 2 bath home should rent for about $1200 to $1500 dallars a month. This could vary greatly depending on the area that you choose. Good success to you in finding the right place. If there is any way you can purchase instead of rent, It will certainly be to your benefit. Let me know if you need help with that. Check out the recent blog I wrote comparing renting to purching - http://j.mp/JFzjYI . Best of success in finding the right home, community, and situation for you and your family.

Robert McGuire ASR
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct – 303-669-1246
http://theRobertMcGuire.com