General Area in Davis>Question Details

Shannah, Both Buyer and Seller in Norfolk, VA

Where are the best neighborhoods for families?

Asked by Shannah, Norfolk, VA Fri Jun 1, 2007

I have four children and I am moving to Davis in July. Any suggestions about best places to look for a home?

Answers

8
I believe the Ventura County areas of Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Newbury Park and Simi Valley WoodRanch areas are the best. They have been nominated as americas safest cities in the nation many times, their are dog parks, community parades, low crime, clean, no gangs, great california blue ribbon schools. I have lived all over California and decided on living here, I have children and the schools are fantastic. I hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 7, 2007
Shannah, I find in Davis there are a lot of great areas, on my website I have a neighborhood search and you can get stats on schools, crime rate, neighborhood facts and much more. You can also search homes. I love Davis and find that it's a great area to raise a family.
Do you think the Frontier Fertilizer, Superfund site (near Target) in Davis significantly alter the value of homes in the Mace Ranch region?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 10, 2010
I've been a substitiute teacher and my favorite was Pioneer Elementary. However, I can't really complain about any of the schools in Davis. Most parents here value education, and the kids seem to understand how important it is. There are both lower priced homes and higher price homes (compared to the other Davis prices) in the 95618 area. The staff there is great.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 14, 2008
The average price/sq.ft. in Davis as of June, 2007 is $320. In some central Davis locations, this can go as high as $500/sq.ft. Currently there are about 200 available listings. It's a GREAT TIME TO BUY because prices have fallen about 10% since 2005!

All of Davis is a very nice place to live, many neighborhoods have parks and greenbelts. It all depends on your price range. I am also a Realtor in town, I graduated from UCDavis then recently came back to make it my home, and I love living here! Let me know if you have any more questions, feel free to email me directly. Sdryer@golyon.com. -Susanne
Hello Shanna,
I didn't see a specific answer to your question. Did you get one?

I too am a local mother of three, my children attend DSIS in Central Davis.

Generally speaking, Davis is divided my east, west, north, south, central/downtown, and El Macero. Each one is family friendly, but offer different benefits. Really, where you choose to live depends on not only your budget, but your lifestyle and perhaps even values as well.

West Davis, for example, is home to well established co-operative living areas. f this is a value system you are comfortable with, well West Davis might be for you.

Mace Ranch, full of greenbelts and parks, is also a wonderful place for children, but does not offer co-op living and mostly has newer homes. Some if my clients, in the past, would only think of living in Mace Ranch because they preferred newer housing.

North Davis, has a great mix, but is farthest from the downtown. If living near the downtown is important to you, then North David might not be your first choice.

When I work with clients who are new to Davis, I usually take a day to drive around and point out some features that make areas and neighborhoods unique.

I hope this helped a bit. f you have any other questions, or are interested in learning more about specific communities, please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Web Reference: http://www.carmenisais.com
My web site will have so much information for you to study and decide. Are you going to stay in Davis?
Isn't Davis school district one of the best in the state?