General Area in Richmond>Question Details

Jovan Hackley, Real Estate Pro in ,

Where are the best areas to live for professionals who commute to DC routinely, but need live in Richmond?

Asked by Jovan Hackley, , Wed Sep 12, 2012

That truly depends on your preferences. City versus County living.
Most areas in Richmond, Henrico, Ashland have easy access to I95, I295. If you give me some details of exactly what you are looking for, it would be my great honor to help you with that. I can send you some very interesting options from our MLS, as well as some possible listings that have yet to hit the market.

I look forward to hearing from you soon...NOW is a great time to buy !
The I95 corridor (plus 295) is obviously best. Atlee, Glen Allen, Mechanicsville, Ashland, Doswell come to mind. Even Lakeside/Ginter Park might work, depending on your preference for being in a traditional suburban setting or more of a city based environment.

Amtrack also offers a relatively quick trip up depending where in DC you need to be with a very easy and cheap to park stop in the Town of Ashland.

Traffic now begins around Fredericksburg so the car commute can be highly unpredictable, especially in the summer or during holidays.

We wrote a great guide to relocating to Richmond on our blog here...covers pricing, geography, styles, new vs resale, city neighborhoods...
Hanover/Henrico are the most Northern counties in Richmond but don't overlook Ashland which is about 20 mins North and is a lovely town. Best of luck!
Hi Jovan,

You would want to be easily assessable to I-95, so I would say either one of the great communities of northern Henrico County or southern Hanover County. Of course there are many options to choose from in those areas. Do you want acreage, or do you prefer a condominium or townhouse with a management group that takes care of all outdoor maintenance, lawn care, and repair. Or maybe something in between. It would be my pleasure to help you find that 'best fit'. Please contact me for assistance at 804-937-0496.
Warren Earhart
Church Hill is becoming a favorite for professionals who want to be outside of city but need intestate access. The historic character of this area, eclectic, locally-owned restaurants, local events and community-oriented environment are making Church Hill a fun and neighborhood to live in.