General Area in Branchville>Question Details

Laurajacob, Home Seller in Branchville, NJ

When should I list my lakefront home on lake Owassa?

Asked by Laurajacob, Branchville, NJ Sun Feb 26, 2012

I have an unusually luxurious home on lake Owassa that I would like to list. Unlike the typical lakefront cottage here, this home has a gourmet kitchen, air conditioning, a sauna and a steam shower. There are no other homes to comp with on the lake so I have no idea what to list it for. We purchased "high" in 2006.

Answers

7
Lakefront is hard to beat. Are you sure you want to sell? I have found is the best time to Market your home in NW New Jersey is when Spring Feaver hits. The desire for such properties is at its peak!
I hate to throw a sales pitch but I get exactly where you are coming from. I am an Agent in Lake Mohawk. Here a home on the water is a completely different animal especially when you are dealing with a high end property. I'd love the opportunity to preview your home. I know I can offer valuable insight. And, to answer you question of when, I believe anytime after superbowl weekend is the absolute best time. Also with the Days of the Market analysis I can provide for you I can show you why sooner is better.

Pam Vreeland
Realtor, GREEN
Realty Executives
201 317 9883
Hi! I have to start by saying, there is never a bad time to list a lakefront home. In our area lakefronts sell year round. Because our office is in Branchville and we deal primarily with Lake Owassa, Culver and Kittattinny, we have an extensive list of buyers that we are in contact with. All new lakefront homes are directed to these buyers first...most times these homes sell before they even hit the GSMLS. With the weather being so mild this winter our office is seeing an early jump on the "spring market". I would suggest speaking with an agent now about listing your home. With summer just around the corner, it's a great time to list.

I am an Realtor with Clearview Realty located in the heart of Branchville. Call me or stop by the office and see what we can do to get your home SOLD.
Tammy Deller
201-230-1323
Now is the time to get your home on the market if it is "market ready.". Real estate is a matter of supply and demand. Right now, the supply is high compared to demand, thus a "buyers' market.". The later it gets, the more supply you will have with which to compete. The best home in a price range is the one that sells, so regardless of what it was worth in 2006, to sell now it needs to be nicer than the competition. In many areas of Sussex County there is 1 buyer for every 70 or more homes. The average time on the market has been about 18 months. Home staging helps, and I have worked with professional home stagers with some of my clients and their homes have always sold. I am happy to share that information with you.

My partner and I have specialized in lakefront homes. I have lived in one for 18 years. We would gladly share
our 42 years of combined real estate experience with you.
Judy Golland, Broker Associate
Judy@JudyGolland.com
973.670.5304
Hi Laura,

March is a great time to list a lake home. Most prospective buyers want to get the most out of the season and would like to be in by Memorial Day. While home values haven't seen a strong rebound, the market is showing marked improvement in 2012. We are seeing many more serious, qualified buyers than there have been in a few years.

I am a Realtor with RE/MAX Platinum in Sparta and I have lived in Frankford Township for the past 24 years. Please feel free to contact me anytime. I would be happy to answer your questions and help you decide the best course to follow in your home sale.
Now is the time to list lakefront properties. We have already started working with buyers looking exclusively for this type of home. The spring market generally begins February/March. Homeowners are finishing up projects that need completeing so that the home shows its best. The market in Sussex County has seen a very strong beginning in 2012. Many homes already have buyers in place and the process is well under way. Please feel free to to contact me with any additional questions. I can give you a custom CMA of your property so that you know what homes in Lake Owassa are selling for. I can offer you the most complete state of the art marketing program to get your home sold in the least amount of time for the most money.
I am a local agent with a proved track record in your area.

Kim Loizzi - Trulia Pro
Realty Executives - Sparta
201-446-1117
KimLoizzi@RealtyExecutives.com
You should list your house soon because the Spring Market is already upon us. Potential buyers are beginning their home searches now and many homes are going under contract. I work out of Realty Executives in Sparta, live in Branchville and my target area is Branchville/Frankford. I would appreciate the opportunity of meeting with you to discuss the specifics of your home and how Realty Executives can help you get it sold.

Bonnie Majka
Realty Executives
973-222-7020