General Area in 10005>Question Details

Lilivette Va…, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY

What would you consider the true heart of the Financial District?

Asked by Lilivette Vasquez, New York, NY Tue Sep 10, 2013

The heart of the Financial District is often considered to be the corner of Wall Street and Broad Street, both of which are contained entirely within the district.

Answers

8
It sounds like you answered your own question, I agree, Broad St. & Wall St.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 10, 2013
I sure did, lol. I am still learning Trulia and how it works, but thank you for your input.
Flag Tue Sep 10, 2013
I agree Wall Street & Broad, don't forget Wall Street goes East to West, Broad is North to South, the further down one goes on Wall St the less it feels like the heart of the industry. It has a different feel if you'r e on Wall and Pearl as compared to Wall & Broad. The same goes for Broad, anything after Wall doesn't feel the same and if you down Broad at least there's Goldman but again it's a different vibe. Hope you dig it.

Tony Lara
R.E Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty LLC
212-688-1000

Tony Lara
R.E Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty LLC
212-688-1000
Actually the heart of Fidi is considered the intersection of Nassau and Wall Street. Check out the wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_District,_Manhattan
The heart of FiDi would probably be Wall St. though only geographically. The best restaurants, bars and shopping would be on Stone St., or within the Seaport.
Our office is down here on Wall Street at the corner of Wall and William. We like to consider Wall Street to be the direct middle of the Financial District - It is basically the halfway point of the entire area. That being said, Wall and Broad or even Wall and William could be considered the direct middle of the area. Is there a specific reason for your question? If you're looking to rent or buy downtown, we here at Home New York would love to help you in your search.

David Hamburg
Home New York
You nailed it Ms. Vasquez. This seems like a non real estate related question though. Best to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
I worked in the financial district as a corporate Real Estate Paralegal for some time and I covered a lot of ground extending from Chambers Street all the way down to South Street at the Seaport, and Wall Street extending East from Pearl Street to the West Side Highway. I actually worked at 1 World Financial Center which was on West St a/k/a the West Side Highway and a great deal of Corporate Attorney's at my firm lived in Battery Park City. So if you are considering a move to that area, Battery Park City would be a great option to start and if you want to get even more for your money consider Downtown Jersey City, which is a 7 minute commute to the Wall Street area from Exchange Place snd it has amazing Manhattan views.

Call me if you'd like to check out some options

Thanks!

Elizabeth Logan
Licensed Realtor
Licensed in NY & NJ
Douglas Elliman
http://www.elliman.com/elvl
917-392-0291 (cell)