General Area in New Egypt>Question Details

Kristin, Home Buyer in New Jersey

What towns in Ocean (or Burlington) counties are like New Egypt, NJ?

Asked by Kristin, New Jersey Wed Aug 10, 2011

We missed out on a lovely 1920's home that just sold in New Egypt, and can't find any other available real estate in the town that we like. We LOVE the older homes along Evergreen Rd., but none are for sale. What other towns in Ocean or Burlington counties resemble New Egypt in population, amount of farmland, and age of homes?

Allentown neighbors our town of New Egypt and has similar settings that you mentioned and definitely those historic homes you're looking for nestled on their main street. It would be worth looking into and I don't think you'd be disappointed. I'm a fan of those homes as well, they offer a lot of personality, but be aware if it hasn't been brought up to code what issues that may pose for you (for example having the plugs or capability of using those new big washer and dryers). Usually a newly renovated home has addressed many of them and a whole home inspection will tell you that as well.

There's no obligation to have an agent assist you and if they aren't a good fit in assisting your needs, you can meet with a different one until you find the agent you like as long as you didn't sign a buyer's broker agreement. Usually people sign those when they know for sure they want to buy a house using that particular agent.

Good luck in your search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 21, 2011
I just saw your post after I posted and we have pretty much the same answer lol.
Flag Thu Apr 26, 2012
Look in Allentown, NJ. It looks just like New Egypt, NJ and has pretty much the same setup as it too. Has parks close by and stuff for kids and families to do. It has a borough, parks, shoppes, restaurants, etc. Has a good school system too.
That's a tall order, as you know! Most homes that age don't have that kind of squre footage. I wish you the best of luck in your search...I hope something becomes available for you soon!

If you willing to go further south you might find something. If that's do-able, check Atlantic, Gloucester and Cumberland counties.

Laura Giannotta
Thanks Laura, I wasn't asking for specifics on actual homes; I'm just asking for towns that are LIKE New Egypt, in general. Not just a home that fits our criteria. We already have a real estate agent, and he's been searching tirelessly for homes within our guidelines (home built between 1900-1950 with at least 3,500 square feet, at least 3 bedrooms, at least 1 acre, taxes under $8k, for under $500k), and he hasn't been able to find much.

I only asked the question in hopes someone could say, "Oh! Look into _____ town." That's all. :)
I would suggest finding a real estate agent, sitting down with him/her and letting them know exactly what you're looking for. That way you'll be notified when there are any new listings that meet you criteria, or when the price of a property that suits you is reduced in price.

There are many areas that might be a good fit, but without price specifics, size of home, taxes and lot size I don't know that anyone can give an informed response.

Laura Giannotta