General Area in Philadelphia>Question Details

Jessica Beic…, Home Buyer in Rochester, NY

What suburbs are family friendly and also an easy commute in the Philadelphia area?

Asked by Jessica Beichler, Rochester, NY Mon Mar 22, 2010

We are relocating to the Philly area. We have a 9 year old daughter, so we need a suburb with a good school district. We are looking to rent a house first before purchasing. I was just interested to know where the best suburbs are for families, but also which suburbs offer an easy commute (train stations, etc.) into the city. I do not want to be in too rural of an area. I need somewhere that has a grocery store, gas station, etc pretty close by. Thanks!

There are lots of great suburbs surrounding Phila....on the New Jersey side as well as the PA side, with easy access to public transportation and the bridges. It depends on what you are looking for..single family home, townhome, rowhome, condominum? And of course, price range.

I am licensed in both states so I could assist you with exploring suburbs on both sides of the Delaware River.

Feel free to contact me any time via email, cell or text.

Barbara Smith ABR, GRI
Weichert Realtors NJ & PA
cell/text: 609-980-7593
Web Reference:
I'm assisting a family relocate to the Philly burbs from Floral Park, NY. Their are several communities that would probably fit the bill, including but no limited to, the Main Line, Malvern, and 309 Corridor. Good Hunting!
Hi Jessica,

Can you provide more information on your maximum commuting time (assuming its to center city philadelphia) and the price range of homes you will be looking at. That has a big impact on your options.
Hi Jessica,
That's a great question! My husband and I are local residents of Bensalem Township, Bucks County Pa as well as Realtors with Keller Williams. Bensalem, being just outside of Philadelphia is located within minutes to I95, Woodhaven and Route1 and within minutes you can gain easy turnpike and septa rail service access and your children would attend Bensalem Schools. If you would like to call us we can discuss your needs as well as different areas of Bucks and Montgomery counties that you may like to consider. We also specialize in helping families relocate to the area and we'd be very happy to help you find a new neighborhood!
Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Audy Fadako

The Audy Fadako Team
John and Audelina Fadako
Audy direct 215-791-3166
John direct 215-791-3151

Keller Williams
Real Estate
584 Middletown Blvd.
Suite A50
Langhorne Pa 19047
Office: 215-757-6100 ext. 239
Fax: 215-702-0200
Pa Lic. #RS311236
Pa Lic. #RS304231

Find us on Facebook!
Hello Jessica,

There are so many places to choose from, There is Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery and Delaware Counties. Within those counties are townships. Depending on how what your budget is will depend on how much home you will wind up purchasing. Without actually knowing your situation, it's hard to help.

Also, as Realtors we are not allowed to make comments about what is or is not considered a "good" or "bad" area.

What I would suggest is to find a buyer agent who you could build a relationship with and who can send you homes via email that you can view and get an idea of size, area, style and you can see price point range.

It's pretty easy to get around in and around Philadelphia. All major highways are easy to access as well as trains.

If you can build a relationship with a buyer agent now who can help you find a rental and answer all of your questions, you can then maintain the relationship for when you are finally ready to make your purchase. Having a Realtor is as important as having a doctor or lawyer. You don't want to wait until the last minute to find one.

I have a great website that you can register on and view homes in all areas. I also have a video blog as well as a popular written blog.

I would be more than happy to talk with you further about your situation and future goals.

Feel free to contact me at 215-669-0589 or you can email me at

My website is:

Any Realtor can suggest areas but in order to consult and advise properly, I think its very important to listen to you first.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office ask for Renee