General Area in Dallas>Question Details

Ll2203, Other/Just Looking in Dallas, TX

What should I ask a RE Company when I interview with them? I have interviews coming up but need to make sure I know what important things to ask!

Asked by Ll2203, Dallas, TX Thu Jun 28, 2012

I found a few things online like commission splits, fees, advertising support, office market share, top-down vs. bottom-down?

Answers

9
Dixon Wong’s answer
Make sure they provide the support and training you need so that you can become the best you can be! And make sure they allow you to brand yourself and have your own website!

Good luck with your interview.

Dixon
JP and Assocaite
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
One thing I suggest is asking them to see their training room, ask to see their training calender, and ask how much the training costs.

Also ask the agents in the office how easy it is to contact the broker to ask questions about contracts.

As a new agent I think you probably still need lots of training.....so you want to know where it takes place, how often, and at what costs.

Every brokerage will tell you they have training, but for example if they don't have a training room, I wonder how dedicated they are to it. Also ask if the company or their agents have written any training books....like "The Millionaire Real Estate Agent", "Flip", "Hold", "Shift", "Soci@l", etc.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Real estate is easy for me as an immediate start. I would ask about commissions which governs how you run your real estate practice.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
The link below will take you to the Champions School of Real Estate Website, the website offer a wealth of great info to help you in getting started.

http://www.championsschool.com/Industry-knowledge/Questions-…

I wish you the best in your new real estate career!

Mike Brownstead
Ebby Halliday Realtors
Ph: 214-872-0400
You are so lucky to have Trulia and similiar websites that you can ask and learn whenever you have questions.

You must be so excited, I remember when I got into Real Estate business around 7 years ago, I interviewed couple big Real Estate companies and eventually chose one of them, over the years I felt lost and unappreciated what I do and decided to open my own Real Estate Company. It was my dream!

Nowadays I am working on my own Dallas Real Estate company structure which is offering team like environment focusing to professional coaching, support, motivation and training with competitive incentives and commission splits.

Remember to ask different questions as well as commission splits, fees etc.
Ask them when you go to a vacation, what is going to happen to your listings or buyers?
When you have family problems who can take care of your showings?
Ask them what kind of motivation program they have?
When you have problem who do you need to call? Do they work on weekends?

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need more information. I will be happy to help you in anyway.
Make sure they are full time in the business. Try to get an understanding of how well they know the market in your area. Do they have a team that works with them or are they a solo agent. Do they focus their business on listings or buyer's or both?

It's not our job to set the list price but it is our job to help you make good decisions. The only way we can do that is to properly educate you on the market and show you the information to make those good decisions. Don't just go with the agent who gives you the highest list price recommendation... go with the one who backs their recommendations with market data.

Best of luck to you!

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
The Principles of Real Estate book used to get your license has a great list of questions to use for interviews. Just motify them to fit your needs.

Suggest you focus on training, support and availability of management for consulting above fees and splits. High splits with low or no sales is still low or no income. Higher sales with higher fees and lower splits results in higher income. To start work on building your foundation and then look at the income.

Best of luck

Bruce Erickson
Century 21 Judge Fite Co
how can they help you reach your goal? What kind of training do they have? What support? As many as possible. Good luck!
Ask what is important to you.

Kenny