General Area in 17110>Question Details

Mark, Home Buyer in 17401

What's the property tax rate for 17110 area?

Asked by Mark, 17401 Sat Oct 2, 2010

Answers

9
Mark, you can obtain the millage rates for the Twp. or city, county, and the respective school district on the Dauphin County Website. They are shown indivisually for each taxing entity. You can also call the Twp. or city tax accessor to garner the information for your particular property. As far as any special assesments ask the twp. manager or city representative for a written copy if they make any references at all.
Ray - What do you mean WHY? That's not enough of an answer.

The rest of you, thanks for the information. That's the reason for the question about the property taxes since there will always be property taxes. Up or down, all the same to me, if it means improving the neighborhood with local funds, then I am all for it.

Is there any upcoming tax law changes or real estate law changes in these two township regarding rental properties I should know about?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010
Mark,
You may wish to go to http://www.dauphinpropertyinfo.org for property assessments and you can visit the following site for Millage rates in all of Dauphin County. http://www.dauphincounty.org/property-taxes/tax-information/…

We do have a completely remodeled home for sale on N 2nd St two blocks from Italian Lake and two blocks from Riverfront Park. You can reach the team anytime at 717-926-3143 or by email pahometownteam@kw.com

Anthony Lynam
Web Reference: http://www.anthonylynam.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
Based on public info the tax in 17110 is presently 2.1 % of the appraised value of the house. One thing you know for sure it will go up , especially if you are in a town with many hospitals, churches and schools. Taxes will be even worse if there is a relative large amount of low priced houses. The larger city taxes are the worst , so avoid them if you can.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
Send me your e-mail address. Mine is dhoppel@comcast.net. I will send you the millage rates for Susquehanna Township and the info on Harrisburg City. You will need the assessment information on a property to figure out the taxes. I will be more than happy to assist you in this and can send you available properties that will already have the yearly tax amounts figured out for you. Do you need assistance with financing? Shoot me an e-mail or give me a call and I will be happy to assist you. I am very familiar with both townships you are looking in. Interest rates and great and county assistance programs are available if you are a first time homeowner. I look forward to hearing from you! Deanne Hoppel, Prudential Homesale 657-8700 x279 or 503-7055, dhoppel@comcast.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
Both actually. I am more interested in Susquehanna Township but I been looking at properties in the area of Italian Lake/Uptown so it would be great to have both numbers. Thanks for replying.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
Hi Mark. 17110 covers part of Harrisburg City and Susquehanna Twp. Which township are you asking about? Deanne Hoppel, Prudential 503-7055.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010