General Area in Kissimmee>Question Details

Carol, Other/Just Looking in Kissimmee, FL

What's the difference between Bellalago & the Isle of Bellalago? Your opinion on living in both?

Asked by Carol, Kissimmee, FL Fri May 18, 2012

Answers

10
About $200K!

Ha-chaa!!

No, seriously, the houses on the Bellalago side can be more expensive because you are closer to Lake Toho and the larger club house. There are also bigger houses on that side of the development.

HOWEVER- living on the Isles side, I can tell you that our pool is NEVER as busy as the main one. That is a big plus for me because I want to be able to sit by the pool and write (book 5 comes out soon!) or relax in the hot tub without having to deal with heaps of little kids.

Also, it is nice to have direct access to both Pleasant Hill Drive, and Poincianna Road (front and back gates).

AND- almost all the classes offered by the HOA take place over on our Isles side so I can walk to Zoomba, Water Aerobics, or Cross Fit. Which is really nice.
thanks! thinking of buying a home there, too. we are coming from NY
Do you have the same amenities as the large Bellalago community? I understand that the boat ramp to the lake is located across the street...do you have access to that?
Are you glad you chose the smaller community? Thanks for your time! Lmelloteta@aol.com
Flag Sun May 15, 2016
Hi Carol:

I have sold multiple homes in both sides so here are the major difference:

1) Lake Access: You have the opportunity of having direct lake access through canals within Bellalago
2) Size: you can say Bellalago has a lot of bigger homes, nicer landscaping packages, wider roads,.. so it is more eye catching than the Isles of Bellalago at first glance. However you pay a price for this as the homes in Bellalago are generally speaking more expensive.
3) The club house in Bellalago is bigger and you have a board walk and a boat lunch. The club house in Isles of Bellalago is also nice just not as elaborate as Bellalago. However you can use Bellalago's clubhouse if you live in Isles of Bellalago.

If I were to choose between the two, basically the budget and the lake access would be determining factors other than that, they are both beautiful places.

Below is the link to homes on both sides:

Bellalago: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/areas/…

Isles Bellalago:
http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/areas/…

Hope this helps.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Search Entire MLS At: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/search
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Hello Carol,

I live in BellaLago and I am a license Realtor with Re/Max Premier Properties. The difference between BellaLago Isle and BellaLago is that there is more affluent homeowners in BellaLago than Isles of BellaLago. This is due to BellaLago being built first when the market was great thus attracting more affluent home buyers who wanted direct access to Lake Toho of which Isles of BellaLago doesn't have. Moreover, any property with water view or access to body of water will cost more to begin with.

Once Isles of BellaLago was being built during the deflation of the real estate bubble, the economy corrected itself thus builders and homeowners were forced to reduce their prices which attracted more of a working class demographic of which some became over-extended with their mortgages and were foreclosed upon; thus a reduction of sales price to about $50,000 less than BellaLago's Sales. Although, I like both sides being divided by a road (Pleasant Hill Road), you see the difference from one side and the other such as landscaping, narrower roads, and so forth.

If anyone is interested in viewing any of the properties available for sale in the market whether new or a resale, please feel free to give George Almodovar, a Realtor with Re/Max a call at 347-423-8860. I'll be more than glad to assist you and be as honest as possible in answering any questions or concerns you may have.

George Almodovar
REALTOR & Author of "The NO BS in Making Millions in Real Estate."
Most of these people shouldn't be answering since they obviously do not know. Kelvis is accurate. I live in Bellalago and I have a house my mother in law lives in on the Isles of Bellalago side. There is a clubhouse on the Isles side just the same as the main Bellalago side. The houses in the Isles side are newer than the ones on the main side. The Isles clubhouse is newer and nicer, has much nicer features, and all classes are held on that side for years now. The main clubhouse is bigger. There are three pools instead of the one on the Isles side. People that own a house in the Isles side have complete access to the main Bellalago side as well and vice versa. Some houses on the main Bellalago side have access to the internal waterway in the community, but most do not. Some have pond access. I have park and lake view on Lake Tohokepelgia. There are Terra series houses that were built on both sides of the community. There were just less chosen by buyers once Isles of Bellalago was being built up, but they started the community building the Terra series houses, even if you picked an Oceana series. Only the front section had Terra series in the Bellalago side and then it merged into Oceana series houses. There are plenty of houses with both two and three car garages. It depended on the model. The whole neighbourhood has access to the boat slip to put your boat into the water. The neighbourhood is taken care & maintained of by the same company. There are huge deals to be had on both sides. Most of the people that built houses on both sides sadly overpaid. This carries over to Isles of Bellalago since the houses are newer than most on the main Bellalago side.

Take care
Take care
The difference that I have noticed is that the Community of Bellalago's landscaping is in better condition than the one of Isle of Bellalago. I found the houses of Bellalago more fancy than Isle of Bellalago. Of course, I am talking about the houses that I saw, not all of them. Would be better for you to check them yourself. For me the Bellalago Development is better than Isle of Bellalago's.
HI Carol,

All of the below answers are correct however there is one big difference. It also depends on what size home you are looking for. Avatar Developers, now known as AV Homes, built 2 series of homes for this community, The Terra Series and the Oceana Series. The Oceana Series tend to be larger, higher ceiling options, 3 car garages and larger rooms. These homes are only found on the Bellalago side at the moment. We are not sure if that will change in the future but I don't think it will.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Alex Vazquez
321-443-3484

Keller Williams Advantage III Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012
Bellalago is a fairly unique concept in the area. A master planned community where you can dock your boat behind your house and take it on to the big lake (via a boat lift).

The Isles are really no different than dozens of other subdivisions in the area.

If you have a boat, it's an easy choice. If you don't care about boating, then flip a coin.
Bellalago and Isles of Bellalago are the same community divided by Pleasant Hill RD. You would have access to all the same ammenities of either side without regard to which side you live in. The Bellalago side is much larger, but the Isles side is more quiet. Both sides have a clubhouse, gym and pool. The aerobics, zumba, and ju jitsu classes are given in the Isles side. The sauna is in the Bellalago side.

Kelvis Melo

407-715-0437
kmelo3@cfl.rr.com

Prudential Results Realty
Bellalago has direct access to lake Toho, including the boat lift and ramp. Also the large gazebo overlooking the lake.

Isles have an equaly nice designed community house but on a smaller scale. Does not look at grandiose and manicured as Bellalago....probably because it is not fully developed.

Better home deals are found in The Isles at this time.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
The main difference is that they are divided by pleasant hill blvd. If you want to be close to the club house and lake then Bellalago would be the one for you. If you dont mind then, either or.