General Area in Seattle>Question Details

Raphael Lui, Home Buyer in Saint Louis County, MO

What's a good area to rent ($ 1,500/m and less) at Seattle, close to a junior college and good grade schools. Will buy a house within one year.?

Asked by Raphael Lui, Saint Louis County, MO Fri May 18, 2012

Answers

7
You came to the right place!

To find the right home at the right price, you have to know the market. As the expert in local neighborhoods, I can provide information tailored for your specific home search.
Here’s a good example: I have the resources to evaluate homes in the neighborhoods where you have an interest. This information will educate you on what prices are being paid for homes similar to the ones you are considering.

I know how important it is to have all the information you need to make the right decision. So please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions about this service or any other part of your home search. Working together, we make sure that you make the right move.

There are many steps in the home buying process. It’s easy to miss something that can add significantly to the cost of your home.
I’m an expert and can help you simplify this process and get the most home for your money. Here’s how:
I can give you a complete picture of the costs so you know how much home you can afford.
I can help you rule out neighborhoods that don’t fit your needs and find new neighborhoods that do.
I can make sure you have the latest alerts on homes that meet your criteria so other buyers don’t beat you to the punch.
I can keep you informed about what’s happening in the local market.
I can give you in-depth details on each home.
I can quickly schedule tours and give you specific information on the advantages and drawbacks of each property
I can also help you craft offers, present offers to sellers, and much more. Contact me at (agentemail) or (agentworkphone) and I can help make the entire process simpler and more cost effective for you. I can help make sure you make the right move.

Give me a call so I can show you around town.

Here's to our success!

Benis Dawkins
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate
Seattle Wa
Real Estate Broker
Certified Distress Property Expert
Certified Buyers Agent
206-883-4222
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Raphael, I have lived and worked in West Seattle for 15 years - home of South Seattle Community College. My husband and I have also both gotten second 2 year degrees there. This is part of Seattle Public Schools.

Depending on your work location West Seattle is an awesome place to be. My husband even commuted to Microsoft in Redmond from here. Not the best, but vanpool options help. Prices are lower here because of "the bridge", which is a mental block for some people. They think this bridge just makes it so far away. We are only about 3 miles from downtown and you can get there on a bus in 30 minutes. We are less than 15 minutes to SeaTac Airport, and if headed anywhere south of here it is easy and fast!

My background is in property management (before real estate) so I also specialize in helping renters find homes that often aren't advertised on Craigslist. Service of a Realtor is free to the renter. If you choose this part of the city, give me a call and I can give you a crash course on being a Westsider.We love it here.
You might be surprised. Sometimes things just turn up. Have you choosen a school yet? I work with renters frequently, and have also worked with a few people relocating to Seattle. If you want to contact me, I would be happy to explain my free service to renters. Depending on when you are relocating, you could have more options. It would definitely be worth a conversation.
Here is my Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shilo-D-Conn-Real-Estate/19273…
And here is my website!
http://www.RealEstateGetsYouHome.com

I would be happy to help you!

Shilo D. Conn
Century 21 North Homes Realty, Inc.
206-660-4277
If you want to be near good schools & a community college, then I would choose Bothell first & Shoreline 2nd. anywhere else will either be too expensive, have not so good schools, or have no community college. Contact me offline if you want even more details.

Welcome to the Northwest, Jirius Isaac
Here is a good source for rentals, all of which all listed by licensed agents. I have sent a list of rents from $500-$1500 and this list is updated as new listings come on the market. If you click on the "Save this search" the system will notify of those new listings.

http://www.searchseattle.net/idx/search/3871bd64012152bfb53f…

If you see something you like just click request a showing and on of my showing agents will gladly assist you!

To comment on your questions, I think looking in the Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood areas to be closer to Edmonds Community College, would be a great option!
You can also search rentals in the Edmonds area at http://www.searchseattle.net/edmonds-rentals.php
Flag Fri May 18, 2012
A maximum rent of $1500 (or less) will limit your options. South Seattle Community College is located in West Seattle. Rents are a bit lower in West Seattle. If you don't have to live in the city, then you could consider the nearby cities of Shoreline or Edmunds. Both cities have a reputation for their excellent grade schools , and you would be near to Shoreline Community College.

Not many junior colleges in seattle ...... Capital hill is close to seattle comm college and has a large # of rental options .........west seattle close to South seattle comm college but further from city and fewer rentals ,..... Same with northgate area and north seattle comm college