General Area in Denver>Question Details

Charity Mein…, Home Buyer in Grand Junction, CO

What part of Denver hold its real estate value the best?

Asked by Charity Meinhart, Grand Junction, CO Tue May 22, 2012

Answers

12
BoulderSuZ’s answer
I am in agreement with most of the areas named here. Of course, you might suspect I'm biased, but it is also true Boulder is at the top. Thank you Jack Richardson for mentioning Boulder.

Boulder has a slow growth policy - as does Louisville. There are other reasons, too, the recession spared the "college town." Boulder has a large high tech presence as well as big government employers. People pay more to be close to the stunning beauty of Boulder. The city often finds itself in the national spotlight so its hard to keep it a secret. In the last quarter, more million-dollar homes were sold in Boulder than anywhere else in the state.

Suz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2012
Hi Charity: In general, Denver home prices have done well compared to many other areas in the U.S. But, I agree with BoulderSuZ. It is hard to beat Boulder County in general, not just Boulder City itself. Prices here have held up well and are rising again in the price ranges under $500,000. People gravitate to this area because of the beauty and lifestyle. As long as they do, prices will stay firm or go up.

Kind regards,
Ron Rovtar
Prudential Real Estate of the Rockies
303.981.1617
info@rovtar.com
http://www.rovtar.com
Charity, I know its not Denver, but Boulder is always at the top for real estate values.
We've considered Boulder... what's the average commute to Downtown Denver, and is it worth it? Thanks! :)
Flag Wed May 23, 2012
Central southeast Denver. I'm saying this from the perspective of being a Denver native (since 1944) and being a real estate broker and builder since 1973 & '77. I'm currently in the Wellshire neighborhood which, though it has about 30 new homes in the neighbrohood still hasn't been "discovered" to the extend Observatory, Wash Park and such have. Wellshire has maintained it's values as well as or better than most other neighborhoods primarily as it is such a pupular neighborhood with the residents that homea don't come up for sale that often in Wellshire. Off the subject, here. sorry. The best answer to your question is Central southeast Denver bound by about 8th avenue on the North, About Washington on the West, and continuing East to Quebec and South to Hampden. Even south of Hampden does well, though that part isn't Denver proper. See my new homes @ http://holbenhomes.com. I see you're from Grand Junction. My wife & I go to the barrel tasting in Palisade each year, and are developing the idea of moving there soon.
GJ is wonderful. My sister owns many of the peach orchards in Palisade... what a great town. I'll check out your website... thanks!
Flag Wed May 23, 2012
Agree with most answers below. Here's my perspective: Central Denver (areas close to Downtown which are mentioned mostly and many times below) tend to hold their value for this one single reason: Supply. Supply near the city center is fixed. Only way to add units is up. And there is some vertical development, but that potential is very limited. As you get further out, land becomes exponentially more available and housing supply is practically unlimited. Then it's just a matter of simple economics: Supply & Demand. Limited supply keeps central Denver home values sustained.
You have some very experienced agents responding to you here. I am a mortgage guy who is a native and owns rentals. I think this is a very personal question. What is the importance of value to you? Is it for a home you will convert to a rental? A home you will buy, live in, and sell to move on? Is it an investment that you will hold to become a long-term investment and pay off as part of your retirement portfolio? Is it to make sure you buy and it doesn't depreciate?

For me, my goals are very different than other people's goals may be. And this then becomes a personal question. There are very stable neighborhoods in all different areas of Denver. Some that are sheltered from what has happened, some that are trending, and others that may be up and coming.

Define what your goals are, and what is important to you when you move here. A neighborhood can be stable, but living there may not be enjoyable to you.

Best of luck , and let me know if you need mortgage advice~

Ray Williams
Branch Manager
Summit Home Mortgage
rwilliams@summit-mortgage.com
Congress Park, Washington Park, Hilltop, Park Hill, Mayfair, The Highlands. Lowry, Stapleton
I'm sure that I have forgotten a few. I have been selling the city for decades.

These urban areas have historically out performed the suburbs

Bob O'Neill
Broker/Co-Owner

Re/Max of Cherry creek

303-525-6400
There are neighborhoods that today are showing much higher value increases than they did for the last 20 years. There are others that seem to hold tight almost regardless of the market. What's important to you? Emerging neighborhoods are seeing higher value increases now than stable neighborhoods. Get with a realtor and tell them what's most important to you, find out the history of the values and make a decision that's educated.
Call me if you would like to know the details of all the neighborhoods hat suit you're needs.
303-913-9129 or mikep1@remax.com
Hi Charity,

This question comes up a lot. Basically, all of Central Denver has been holding its value well. Communities like City Park, Park Hill, and Wash Park are solid and steady and now increasing in value. Some of the SE Denver areas are looking good as well. I wrote a blog recently on what areas should appreciate the most in the next few years. You can read it here - http://bit.ly/GCaxVk . Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Robert McGuire ASR
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct – 303-669-1246
http://theRobertMcGuire.com
There are some that have traditionally held their value better than others . That's certainly one criteria that you should consider. It measures equally with life style, types of homes and neighborhood amenities. Also, as the equity guys say, past performance does not guarantee future results,
Hi Charity,

That is a complicated question which is more of a conversation. However, the Cherry Hills Vista area held it's value very well over the last few years.

Call me so we can discuss your situation in more detail. I specialize in working with investors and can help you find a great deal on a property.

Also, my services are free of charge to buyers

Call me at 303-856-8980.

Ethan Besser, CDPE, CNE, IMSD
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Broker Associate
Keller Williams - DTC
Cell: 303.856.8980
Fax: 303.539.4809

http://www.DenverRealEstateNow.net
http://www.RealEstateColoradoNow.com

The Besser Choice in Real Estate!
Most Denver neighborhoods are going up in value right now. I really like the neighborhoods around Highlands such as Berkeley and Sunnyside. If you need any assistance or would like specific information on neighborhoods, I'm happy to help.
J. David Lampe, REALTOR
Your Castle Real Estate
303.550.8563