General Area in Charleston>Question Details

Blackfish, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

What neighborhoods in the charleston market are seeing the most home sales at a price point of 250k and less?

Asked by Blackfish, Charleston, SC Thu Apr 12, 2012

The homes can be new construction, newly remodeled or in need of work.

Answers

8
Louis Russo’s answer
Again Bang for the dollar plus Lower Tax's and Insurance is found in Berkley Cty. Hanahan where I live, Goose Creek and Monks Corner. Also Upper Summerville. 4 and 5 bedroom homes Large Sqft and plenty of upgrades. Many Builders are giving away extra upgrades. Some Buyer Agent also have incentive programs with builders to get their clients even more. If of interest call 843 810 3919 or louisrusso@bellsouth.net.

Will be in the Spring Grove Community on Wed. previewing a home such as I described above and will happy to share my findings. Best of Luck with your search and suggest you interview several BUYER AGENTS to see what they can do for you that possible others can't. Lou Russo
This is a great question. Let me know if you would like to break it down in more detail by age of home, area etc.... Since the first of the year 256 single family homes have been sold in the price range between $200,000 and $250,000. In West Ashley Northbridge Terrace had 2 sales, Brynes Down and Grand Oaks each had 4 sales. Carolina Bay has had 7 sales. On Johns Island Staffordshire has had 3 sales. In Mount Pleasant Dunes West and Park West have both had 6 sales in this price range. In North Charleston Westcott Plantation has had 6 sales and Whitehall has had 3 sales. In Summerville Pine Forest CC has had 2 sales, Legend Oaks has had 5 sales, Cane Bay has had 3 sales. In Goose Creek Liberty Hall and Crowfield Plantation have each had 5 sales .Hope this helps gives you a feel for things. If I can assist in any way please let me know.
Blackfish

The link below will show you a sampling of homes sorted by neighborhood, that sold since the first of this month between $180K - $250K.

I can create a different report of you are looking for some other criteria.

Maureen Cody
The Keys To Charleston LLC
same homes by the same builder can be purchased in other areas of Charleston for LESS money Less Tax's Less Insurance and Less Utilities. If your looking for Bang for the dollars vs. being able to go downtown in 15 minutes 20 min downtown saves you lots of money !!!

If you need to live with the La De Da's then Pay even more in Mt Pleasnt.
You should check out Grand Oaks in West Ashley.
Don't forget Brickyard Plantation in Mt Pleasant. Some sellers there are actually experiencing multiple offer situation for the first time in several years. This is great news for sellers and an indication for buyers that if you're seriously in the market NOW is the time to buy before this trend really takes off!
Personally, I live in the West Ashley area not to far from the North Bridge. The neighborhoods are older but reasonably priced $200,000 up. Read closely- you can be downtown in the City in ten minutes or less. Same for the North Area- MT. Pleasant 15 minutes- Johns island 20 minutes-Goose Creek 20 minutes-there are some seniors in these neighborhoods but , only recently-the younger couples have discovered how quick you can get to the different areas-Take a look you will love it.
That's an easy one. Where I live for one Hanahan and Goose Creek area as well as Moncks Corner. Not only more house for the money BUT the lowest tax's insurance and utility costs in all Chas. Sc. Negative it's going to take an extra 10 min to down town and 15 to the beack. I just helped a young couple buy a 4br 3 bath 2 car garage NEW for under 200,000. Closing costs paid, builder gave a refrigerator and I gave them the Realtor Bonus I had earned of 1000 dollars which they used to pay for blinds and a garage door opener. My policy is that I don't pocket bonus money, it goes to my clients. Need more info Louisrusso@bellsouth.net

Thank you
Louis Russo Carolina One Buyer and Relocation Agent