General Area in Jacksonville>Question Details

Nini, Home Buyer in Florida

What neighborhood/county/area do you recommend to live at in Jacksonville, FL? And What areas to avoid?

Asked by Nini, Florida Sat Feb 5, 2011

We are moving to Jacksonville, FL and will be looking to buy a house and we are not familiar with the area and would like to find an area that is safe ( we have a 1 yr old) and near the Shands Hospital, within a 15-30 min drive. We are not into nigh life but we do preffer bigger lots/backyards. Our top budget is probably 150.

And what areas should we avoid.

Thank you

Answers

11
I cannot answer that question. What I can do is when you get here I can show you all of Jacksonville and you can pick your area. You can look up schools and see what they graded a, b, c, d, etc with A being the best. You can check by zones. I am a native of Jacksonville and been in the business since 1974

You can call me at 877-226.2239. Jensine Henderson, Realtor, Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 5, 2011
If you're interested in New Rent To Own in Jacksonville area? Please check out this new program it helps you with finding a home in the Jacksonville area.

Also, get a free Rent To Own/Owner Finance Buyer's Guide ($12 value)
I would do as much research as possible before coming here.
First, I am assuming you will be working at Shands. Maybe you can contact personnel and see if they have any recommendations.
Second, you can try zipskinny.com to get the demographics of the various zip codes (use this as a guide, as it can be very misleading).
Third, ask yourself if this is short or long term. With a 1 year old, schooling may be a consideration. http://www.duvalschools.org can give you info on that.
I would be happy to email you a list of areas in town that have homes in that price range, but I would need additional info - such as no. of bedrooms/bathrooms, preferable age of home. Then you can focus your research on the specific areas of concentration.
Lastly, when you do come to town. Drive the neighborhood at night. A lot can be learned by that drive.

Good Luck
Web Reference: http://www.blrjax.com
Are there any private Jacksonville residents that can give some idea as to areas instead of realtors? No offense, but since they can't "steer" you, what good will it do? We also looking for areas in Jacksonville and our top priorities are highly rated schools and low crime. With the business we are in we are looking for an area with mainly employed residents, who are health consious and have an active lifestyle and an above average dispensable income. Any suggestions?
I believe Southside, Mandarin and San Marco are exciting areas to initially focus upon. Naturally, location is very subjective depending upon your individual likes/dislike. That is if you prefer to be close to your work, your play, shopping, the beaches, easy access thoroughfares, etc. I look forward to you discussing your individual preferences and then hone in on your search criteria to find the exact location & home that fits you. I assure you that I will do you well. Call me at 904-652-7353.
Al
As a realtor I'm not allowed to steer you to any particular area. There are quite a number of great neighborhoods in Jacksonville. Please email me and I would be happy to get you into a home that meets your needs.

Just go to the zip code Shands Hospital and you can search on google. I can search on smls for areas that you find and I will be glad to show you the houses you select. Hope this helps. If you need more information, please contact me.

Margaret Rogers
Watson Realty
Hi Nini,

There are numerous areas within 15 - 30 minutes of UF Shands and within your 150k budget. I would suggest contacting a local Realtor to aid in your search. Jacksonville is a great city with many housing opportunities for someone relocating to the area. Feel free to call or email with any questions. Also, please check out the buyers info on my website to learn more about the buying process.

Best Regards!
Working with buyers agent can interview assist with narrowing search down for you.

Also research via Google media published reports of communities around Jacksonville.

Police website for crime

ISD for school rankings

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Nini,
That question can not be answered by a Realtor. It is unethical to steer buyers to a certain location. I recommend that come to Jacksonville for a long weekend and drive the area. You can contact me, and I would like to talk to you about Jacksonville. I moved here in 1993, retired, and now it has been home ever since. Your price range can put you in y part of Northeast Florida. We have numerous short sale/foreclosure properties, resale and new construction that falls into the $150000.00 budget. Feel free to email me with any questions and I could start sending you MLS Listings. Email me at dprice@agentlink.net. Thank you and have a safe trip here.
There are some areas in San Jose/ Mandarin where you might be able to find a home that fits thebill but the drive to Shands will be closer to the 30 minutes...you may be able to find something in San Marco or Miramar but it will be a little tough up to $150k. The elementary school in San Marco is an A rated school. There are a few new communities inNorth Jacksonville, Victoria Lakes, I believe, that may have homes in your range.. I have a great listing in the San Jose area that might fit the bill...it is priced a tad over the $150k, but it could be a great option for you!

I would be happy to send you some options and info on my listing if you are interested...just send me an email!

Holly Hayes
hollyhayesrealtor@gmail.com
Nini,

Great question, however, one that a Realtor can not answer. There is a big No-No for Realtors, it is called steering. We can't give information that is related to avoiding or steering to areas.

However....we can give you information on properties that meet your search criteria.

I am sure you will find an excellent Jacksonville agent to work with who will find multiple homes that have great backyards within your budget.

Best of luck to you! If you want, I can find a great agent in that area for you.

Debbie Albert, PA
Keller Williams of the Treasure Coast
Web Reference: http://www.ronanddebbie.net