General Area in Bethpage>Question Details

Ed Hodkinson, Real Estate Pro in 11714

What kind of training in NY do you need to be a MLO or a mortgage broker?

Asked by Ed Hodkinson, 11714 Sun Jan 9, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Hey Ed,
In answer to your question now that the Nation Wide Mortgage Lisc. System is in place it makes it easy to see what LO's are qualified and what the necessary qualifications are. Here is the link for NY…
I know many Realtors who are well versed in the Mortgage process and it helps them be better at selling homes. Kind of like when someone gets a Major and a Minor in college.
I have taken Realtor classes as well as learned to read and decipher PA's and more than once I have "backed up" my Realtors or caught something before it wen to the underwriters.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 9, 2011
Selling houses is my number1 priority. I was just curious as to the training you need for either a MLO or a mortgage broker.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 9, 2011
Ed - do you want to sell houses or mortgages? Remember the phrase: Jack of all trades - master of none!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 9, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer