Ritali, Renter in Ridgewood, NJ

What ith the Columbia University area like? Is it safe? How much a good 3 bedroom appartmant supposed to cost? How to look for the appartment?

Asked by Ritali, Ridgewood, NJ Wed Apr 13, 2011

Hi Ritali,

My suggestion is to come to the area during the day, walk around, do some site seeing, visit St. John The Divine which is 4th largest Church in the world. Spend sometime and stay into the evening. That is the best way to learn about an area and also to see how comfortable you will be.

As for apartments prices, Anna is correct. This all will depend on type of building, block, apartment size, condo or coop, amenities, etc...

Feel free to contact me at any time, we can discuss exactly what you are interested in and advise you on what is available, what apartments are selling and anything else.

When it comes to any safety concerns, do contact/visit the local police department and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand--as for an apartment, much would depend on your budget, consider working with an agent of your own and go from there.