General Area in 30546>Question Details

Rick Andrews, Real Estate Pro in Young Harris, GA

What is your favorite thing about living in the mountains of northeastern Georgia/ western North Carolina?

Asked by Rick Andrews, Young Harris, GA Thu Aug 9, 2012

This area is just the most beautiful I have ever seen. The lakes, the mountains, the colors is an amazing blend with views you will never tire of seeing. Also, it is an easier, less stressful way of life and the people living here are so friendly!
We moved here to Murphy NC in 1997 from South Florida and our only regret was not doing it sooner. There is always something to do and see in the beautiful mountains, lakes and USFS land that surround us here in western NC and north GA. Every season brings a new background for the adventure! One of our favorite places is the John C. Campbell Folk School. Within 30 minutes or so from us there are six pristine lakes. Great downtown shopping, festivals and full of genuinely friendly people make this mountain lifestyle so desirable. We moved here to Murphy NC in 1997 from South Florida and our only regret was not doing it sooner! Lee & Carol Barbour - The Mountain Living Team
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 21, 2013
I enjoy visiting the Murphy area and it's so close by. I agree about John C. Campbell Folk School and their Festivals and Art Shows are amazing. I chicken out for the dances, but I'm sure other would enjoy them!
Flag Sat Dec 21, 2013
My favorite thing is all of the forestry land that nestles Towns county. From Brasstown Bald Park - the highest peak in Georgia - where you can see a panoramic view covering several states to all of the trails, rivers, and waterfalls. I never run out of fun and adventurous things to do to embrace the nature and beauty in the town I work so hard in.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 21, 2013
Besides all the mountain and lake views, the temps are wonderful here. Lots of great wineries and things to do in the area for fun. Shopping, lakes, fishing, golf, spas and events in nearby areas... Hiawassee is one of the best places I have ever experienced....347
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2014
Hard to find a more beautiful spot than Lake Chatuge surrounded by the mountains. The hiking and kayaking makes getting outside fun and relaxing at the same time. Plus the great restaurants...can't forget that.
My favorite thing about living here in Hiawassee is the ideal location. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains and surrounded by Lake Chatuge it doesn't get any better. We have all sorts of great activities available from boating ,fishing,hiking,camping,hunting and golf all within a few miles. Life doesn't get much better thanthis.
It is hard to pick out one thing to call my favorite. I would have to say that I love the pace of life up here. It is a good place to slow down and enjoy the beautiful mountain views, calm waters of the lakes, and trout filled rivers.
Getting down into the 60's at night during July and August.

Michael Hammond