General Area in Valencia>Question Details

Linda Slocum,…,  in Santa Clarita, CA

What is your favorite park in the Valencia area?

Asked by Linda Slocum, CRS, CDPE | Santa Clarita Realtor, Santa Clarita, CA Sun Jul 22, 2007

I would have to say Star Park in Saugus in the Copper Hill North Community. It is a quiet little park nestled in the hills. Its quiet and peaceful with a beautiful view of San Fransisquito Canyon!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 16, 2013
It all depends on what you're looking for in a park... Do you want lots of grassy open space, a place to play touch football, a place to walk your dog, tennis courts, tot lots or other amenities?

I agree that Bridgeport Park is easily accessible and has lots of open space... however, it also is situated on a major road (Newhall Ranch Rd) so there is the road noise factor to consider.

Summit Park is nice and secluded, has nearby tennis courts adjacent to the YMCA, and lots of paved walking trails (both hilly and flat).

Heritage Park is fairly new (located at McBean and Newhall Ranch) and has plenty of amenities as well, including tennis, bbq's, tot lot and plenty of grassy play areas. Although located along Newhall Ranch Rd, it is not on the busiest section of this road so it is a pleasant park to visit.

Northbridge Park is one of my faves, since it is more secluded (off Grandview Dr, north of Newhall Ranch Rd) and has lots of open space.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 23, 2008
I enjoy visiting all the parks around the Santa Clarita Valley. I also frequent the Angeles Forest and hike the Vasquez Rocks area frequently. For parks activities go to
Cyndi Lesinski
So the good news is as posted below, there are so many choices in our great Community. Concert in the Parks at Central park has been a huge success, along with the dog park there, softball fields, and now an area to grow vegetables. Thank you for the great question and any buyers or sellers please give us a call an we'll be happy to show you just what we are talking about!

Dean Vincent
Realty Executives
DRE #01747801
Web Reference:
I love all of them as each one has a little something to offer. But if I were to choose one, I would have to say Central Park as it has something for everyone. Whether you want to run a trail, play frisbee golf, watch some softball, play basketball, or help out in the garden, it is all there. Not to mention the Concerts in the Park during the summer.
Well, if you are a sports fanatic, Central Park offers the most and is the biggest. They even have a giant chess board right by the kids play area. Concerts in the Park is also held there during the summer......this park wins my vote.
I love walking in the 80 acre nature park for Valencia Summit because you really feel like you are away from all the distractions of our busy lives.. Central Park has been a great boon to our community because of its size and the summer concerts in the park.
Valencia Summit Park- Beautiful, great location! Love it!
Valencia, Ca. is a package deal and can not be broken down to a piece or parcel. This preplanned community includes the package of Six Flags Magic Mountain, Westfield's Valencia Town Center Mall, the TPC at Valencia Westridge Golf Course, Valencia Country Club, Bridgeport, Westridge, Woodlands, the Summit, Cal Arts, incredible schools and parks, cleanliness and safety. The community offer pride and that feeling of community. Families, races, religions, sexes and personal preference are respected. Rich mix with poor and people don't judge one and other. Heaven on earth comes to mind! (I belong to Valencia's Paseo Club and play tennis there reguarly; this is a place that it part of my live)
Web Reference:
Parks in Valencia & Santa Clarita, Ca. are among the advantages to living in the community. Brigeport Park is wonderful if in North Park, Summit Park is fantastic if in Southern Valencia then you have Stevenson Ranch's L. A. County Park, Tesoro Del Valle Community Park, Saugus' Central Park & Canyon Country's Santa Clarita Park. There is a park where ever you are located. This is a truly park, safety, school & annual events oriented community!
Web Reference:
Valencia Summit Park, next to the YMCA., Tennis Courts, Paseo walk ways, close to homes, townhomes, apartments and shopping centers. Easy to walk or jog topark.
Bridgport is nice, but lacks swings for the kiddies. The park off Pamplico has more play areas, one is shaded, basketball courts and a nice view -- my vote is with this one.

In referrence to the previous answer... the building going on at Newhall Ranch Rd. and Grandview is a new upscale shopping facility AND tha new 5 acre park... making that 4 parks within walking distance of my home!!!
I like the Bridgeport area, just drove by tonight. Looks like there is something being built across the street from it as well.