General Area in Buffalo>Question Details

Ewen Watson, Other/Just Looking in Outside U.S.

What is the waterfront like the streets off niagara street to live or to rent?

Asked by Ewen Watson, Outside U.S. Thu Apr 19, 2012

Answers

2
I live like a 7 minute walk from the Ontario boat lunch on Hartman, which has a very long stretch of waterfront parking for fishing/relaxing and is connected to the water walk that runs all the way to Tonawanda. I also live a 15 minute walk from Squaw Island, also on the water, which extends all the way down to the River Walk proper (goes under the Peac Bridge) that goes to the break wall downtown. There is a square of area that's pretty decent and close to the water in the upper left corner of Black Rock, around my street. On the west it's bordered by East, to the south Grace, Peoria on the east, and Arthur on the North. It's not the greatest place on earth, but it's pretty quiet, crime is mostly petty stuff (domestic, minor drugs), super cheap, very walkable, super close to Hertel Ave shopping, North Buffalo plazas, quick hop down the 190 to Allentown/downtown, quick drive across 198 to Elmwood Village.
Thanks.
Flag Tue May 29, 2012
There arent many homes right off the waterfront along Niagara Street. The throughway , parks, and some industry line the waterfront there. There are condos downtown on the waterfront. There are older homes and rentals within about a mile of the waterfront along Niagara.