General Area in 94070>Question Details

Stewart, Home Buyer in 94070

What is the reputation of the condominium complex at Brittan Heights in San Carlos?

Asked by Stewart, 94070 Tue Jun 2, 2009

Answers

7
No association is perfect. But I am still a big fan of Brittan Heights. As for the BBQs, those are wood structures, I would not be surprised if their insurance would has some huge deductible. Do I trust everyone to be using a BBQ in a structure covered in wood? NO!

I know the HOA can be picky, but that is part of what keeps the place looking clean and rustic and not cluttered! Its a big place, 430 units, without some strict rules, chaos would ensue.
Greatscottie!
Been there! Done that!
After buying and moving into this tranquil place called Brittan Heights you soon realize that although u own ur home the HOA rules. 3 pools and heated too well not really. And then kids are not allowed to make noise or party cause someone old is wading up n down and calls it laps. Most of the year the pool is not usable cause the heat is turned down. And then in ur home n patio you are not allowed to BBQ. Not even use the safe gas grills sold at Home Depot are allowed. So after u move in u soon realize u own a home in California but ur not allowed to BBQ. They have rules about what u can keep in ur own patio. I mean really small stuff. They make u take down the Christmas lights ASAP and even bird feeders are objected on. What ever comes to the HOA mgmt. You pay for the house you pay the stiff HOA (almost $500) but u have tons of restrictions. Even how u hang ur bike in the garage.
Stewart

Brittan Heights is one of the few condominium complexes that I recommend to clients. The HOA does a great job of maintaining the place at average costs to the residents. The place has great amenities such as three different pools, two tennis courts, walking trails nearby, Edgewood Park, and Pulmas Ridge which is a great dog park. Furthermore, you also get access to the great San Carlo schools.

As of the date that I wrote this (3/3/2013) home prices at Brittan Heights have once again soared like many other communities in the area. To learn more information about the area visit http://www.BrittanHeights.com or give me a call at 650 – 346 – 1595.

Mark Martinho
Vabrato Real Estate
Stewart,
I recently helped a long time Brittan Heights owner sell her 3 Bedroom home to move into her mother's home. She loved it there. Brittan Heights is an excellent complex. It was built as a Condominium. That offers good sound and weather insulation, good layout, spacioius in unit laundry rooms, convenient parking nice grounds with great amenities and more. Location is good. Only minutes from the up and coming hot spot of Laurel Ave and 280 to head north or south on the peninsula. The complex is well maintained and very safe. I know they recently performed some dry rot/termite repair. The HOA is in pretty good financial position. The units are large with good floor plans. The prices have taken a big dip recently. I think it is a great opportunity with little to no downside.
From my experience of helping sell my clients unit I became familiar with it and would be very happy to help you. Feel free to call toll free at 877-Lee-Sells (877-533-7355)

Lee Ginsburg
Prudential Ca. Realty
Web Reference: http://www.leesellsmore.com
Hi Stewart-
I have a few friends that live there and for the most part the people I have helped buy a place there love it and are very happy with their decision. It is quiet and tranquil and most of the people living there are young professionals. It is an easy jaunt down to the freeway and shops, so it is conveniently located. I am not sure what your concerns are but I could help you find out whatever answers you need regarding that complex just let me know.
Hi Stewart,

We have helped several clients buy and sell up in Brittan Heights, the most recent being a few months ago. We also have several friends that live up there. All have loved it.

Do you have a specific concern?

From what I have seen and heard (I attended one HOA meeting with a client), the HOA/board take an active interest in maintaining the complex, keeping it nice, etc. The people I have met have seemed friendly. It does border open space, so deer periodically wander through the complex, and many units have spectacular views.

As with everywhere else, home prices in Brittan Heights have taken a hit over the last year or so, so prices are more attractive than they have been in a while.

If you have specific questions, either post them here or email me and I'm happy to do my best to respond.

John Barman
Coldwell Banker
john.barman@cbnorcal.com