General Area in Bellevue>Question Details

Chih, Home Buyer in Mid Central, Pasadena,...

What is the non-resident real estate property tax in the Bellevue, WA?

Asked by Chih, Mid Central, Pasadena, CA Wed Mar 30, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Dan Tabit’s answer
Property taxes are based on the property value and not on the resident’s origin, so as Mack correctly states, you will pay the same as anyone else for the same home.
When you sell your home, if you are foreign national, you may be subject to Foreign Investment Real Property Tax Act, aka FIRPTA which is a federal tax on gains while you owned the home. I've attached a link to IRS explanation of FIRPTA if this is what you were referring to.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 31, 2011
2 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 30, 2011
Dan & Mack already answered your question correctly. I would wonder where you read such a thing & I would quit using or trusting that source. If you are looking to buy property here, contact the 3 of us & let one of us help you. It will not cost you anything.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 31, 2011
Yes, the previous agents have correctly answered that all owners of properties in King county pay property taxes to the state based on the county tax assessors value. If you receive an update on your property value (usually a postcard) and you believe it is incorrect. You can challenge the value, and must file within 60 days of receipt of the new value.
Also, as mentioned, all sellers in the state are required to pay a 'resale tax'. If you are a foreign national selling, the IFRPTA tax comes into play. If you are an alien working in the USA with a SS number, you will need to fill out the FIRPTA form. In the state of Washington because we do not have an income tax, the state resale tax (in King County 1.78%) is collected at closing from your escrow account. yours Lindy Hisatomi
As in any sales transaction, you should rely on seasoned professionals with expertise in the area and in terms of escrow, a licenseced and bonded office.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 1, 2011
Direct these types of questions to the experts the county tax office
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 30, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer