General Area in 35801>Question Details

belgreen_2000, Home Buyer in Huntsville, AL

What is the current cost per sq ft for existing homes purchased in zip code 35801 (Huntsville, AL)?

Asked by belgreen_2000, Huntsville, AL Wed Mar 27, 2013

Answers

6
Voices Member’s answer
This is completely area driven. What neighborhood are you interested in? Zip 35801 covers the spectrum of Huntsville from older smaller unique homes, to very large custom built homes on the hillside to everything in the middle. Sorry I can't be specific but if you send the neighborhood I can certainly answer your question, I have lived in 35801 zip and have sold several homes in 35801.
As a Professional Investor and Stager with a current home that Just Sold-in this zip code, the overall average is in the" range" of $120. as difficult as It Is to believe, the value of Real Estate, CAN really differ from one street to the next, upgrades help, but, usually price per sq ft is still king, no matter how nice the renovation or upgrades. Buyers shop on Logic & Buy on emotion, the way the home appears is of utmost importance, online as well as live.
Best of Luck to you.
Dawn D. Totty
Int. Designer/Stager
ddtotty@comcast.net
615 339 9919
Flag Tue Nov 19, 2013
My opinion there is no way that question can be honestly answered. in this zip or any zip. If you find someone that can you need to latch onto them because they sure know more than I do.
For what it is worth, and with some assumptions, the average price per sq.ft. sold this year is $107.26. Current prices range from $64 to $262 with average selling at 94% of asking.

Regards, Mikko.
What qualities are you seeing in the homes that are selling for $262 per sq ft?
Flag Tue Apr 23, 2013
Prices range from a remodel in the Bloosomwood area around $140 per sf. Five points can range from $70 to $135 per sf. Thornton Acres also is all over the map in price range. It really depends on area in 35801 and upgrades. Email me the address and I'd be happy to run comps for you.
Completely depends on condition of property. Since so much in this area is approx same age (minus new constr), the amount of work that has been done over the years - updates - can drive it way up and STILL sell quickly. If more of a fixer-upper...can be $50's to $60's or even less. Can email you what's out there if that would help.
Ruth @ Re/Max
256-565-8225
Ruth_Fuller@msn.com
Depends on the sub area and property features. If I can be of assistance with a complete market analysis, please give me a call (256) 348-1030 Heather Vader, Associate Broker ALA-TENN REALTY, Inc.