General Area in Newton>Question Details

Cathy, Home Owner in Waban, MA

What is the best way to get to Logan from Waban? Official taxi or car service? Any recommendations appreicated. Just moved to the area. tks

Asked by Cathy, Waban, MA Thu Feb 17, 2011

Answers

2
Cathy,
There's a logan express bus that goes to the airport from Natick/ Framingham MA (the stop is across from Shoppers' world), one way fare was $11 when I used it last year. So you'd need a friend to give you a ride from Waban to Shopper's world. Takes about 15 min.
Great option if you are traveling alone.

If you are going with the family, or there are several friends together, one could use JFK taxi service (based in Natick as well, but they serve metrowest), they will pick you up at your home, bring to the airport, and if you pay roundtrip they will come pick you up when you arrive, and you can arrange that in advance, (meaning, when your plane is arriving, they are already waiting for you, you don't have to call again). They have built in children car seats, and you can ask for a van if you have a lot of luggage.

One way $60, and roundtrip was 120 (but I had a coupon). Give them a call (508) 653-4500 ‎and see what they say. I see that yelp doesn't have great reviews, but I used them personally 6 times, and was always pleased - safe (yet fast) trip and nice driver. Maybe I lucked out :)
Hi Cathy - I'd say it's personal preference and cost. Car services are more expensive but are usually nicer than a regular old taxi. You can line up your car service in advance too (you can with taxis but I wouldn't trust it, that's just me)...good luck! Best, Nancy