General Area in Atlanta>Question Details

Yolanda Reed…, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA

What is the best way to find a mentor when relocated in a new area? Hardworking, dedicated, and willing to learn.

Asked by Yolanda Reed-James, Atlanta, GA Fri Jun 8, 2012

Worked as a assistant for a real estate investor for past 2 years. Ready to grow into my own :)

Answers

2
I am calling Bill Polack tomorrow morning.

Yolanda - do you want to meet for lunch this week?
Still...no answers huh? If you are just starting out, may I recommend that you find a company that you can work for that will pay you hourly or salary while in training. There's no shame in working at least part time while learning the ropes. I know a lot of Realtor's both full and part time who struggle paying the bills or glad their spouse works.
Over the past 2 years I would hope that you stayed in touch with the clients for tapping into a pipeline of referrals.
Start with companies like Keller Williams, coldwell banker, century 21 etc. The larger the better so that you can do what you can to sell their listings and keep it in the family. At the same time, the Realtor will train you since you found a buyer for their listing.
Now, I would recommend re-asking your question like this: I just left a job working for an RE investor and need a company to help me place the 50 or so buyers that I've amassed.
I'll throw this in for you; when you find a place call me. We'll buy from you. I currently have 26 buyers and only and no Realtors to help us..the ones I know, don't understand hard money lending.
I actually had a Realtor turn down a buyer paid 6% commission. The seller was unwilling to pay his listing agent more than 3.5%. We offered the listing agent 6% to represent both sides. She declined.