General Area in Venice>Question Details

Karen, Home Buyer in Venice, FL

What is the best deal for maintenance-free living in Venice FL, for HOA fees?

Asked by Karen, Venice, FL Mon Apr 4, 2011

Answers

4
It really depends on the type of property you would like. Villa or condo, gate or ungated, elevator, no elevator, amenities within the community such as heated or non heated pool. Also what utilities such as cable, water/sewer may be included, and what about roof repair? About the lowest fee is $225.00 per month and on up from there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 4, 2011
Hi Karen,
There are several great Maintenance free communities in Venice and two that I feel rise to the top in value for what you receive are Venetian Falls and Southwood. Venetian Falls is a newer community with a beautiful Clubhouse that has the feeling of being at a resort and has all the amenities that a resort would offer. Southwood is a more established community with free standing unattached villas and low monthly fees.
Web Reference: http://www.tinabruner.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 4, 2011
Hi Karen
I think one of the best deals is not exactly in Venice, but just a little north of there in Osprey. There is a community called Willowbend. The homes there are newer and the maintenance fee of $290 includes lawn, bushes, mulching, lawn irrigation, tree trimming, lake maintenance, high speed verizon Internet connection, basic cable, a fitness center, a community pool and a tot lot. The homes are beautiful and all were built from 2004 to 2007.

I hope this helps you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 4, 2011
Ok, good. I see it on the map.
We're just at curiosity stage now, not in a position to come down quite yet.
Just for my records, what is the price range of a 2 to 3 bedroom home, turnkey
ready.
Also, does this community have beach access?
Flag Thu Mar 20, 2014
Hello, Karen. Thanks for the excellent question.

There are some good opportunities for maintenance free living in Venice, Florida. If you could narrow it down to your choice of single family home, villa or condo, then I could make some recommendations. All of these kinds of homes offer a maintenance free lifestyle in this area.

For example - fees in condos tend to be higher, because they can include things like - yes - lawn service - but also, basic cable, sometimes water and sewer, exterior structure insurance, maintenance of the roof, and community amenities (like a pool). Somewhere in that monthly condo fee is the lawn service, for maintenance free, but the total monthly condo fee will be higher than - say - a single family home or villa where the monthly fee covers ONLY maintenance of the yard.

I hope that makes sense. If you can narrow down your lifestyle choice, I can give you more specific neighborhoods or developments to consider.

Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 4, 2011