General Area in New York>Question Details

Firedncr1980, Other/Just Looking in Chattanooga, TN

What is the best burrough in nyc to live in with family?

Asked by Firedncr1980, Chattanooga, TN Wed Jul 1, 2009

Answers

6
Every borough is large and diverse, with safe parts and unsafe parts. I live in a part of Brooklyn where I have no qualms about walking out to the bodega late at night. Most New Yorkers feel that safety should be assessed block-by-block, not borough-by-borough.

Appoint Social Networking Specialist and Social Media Specialist to increase your web traffic and online conversions.

visit here :
I agree with everyone, it varies on a person's needs the size of their family, how far is someone will to commute to work, play etc..I would suggest going on the NYC Board of Ed site and looking up the different schools if your children will be going to public schools to find the best school for them. If the kids are or will be going to private school you need to decide how far are you willing for them to commute. Do you want a neighborhood that feels suburban, a back yard, front lawn or would you rather have them live in a luxury high rise with a doorman, concierge etc..Follw your gut feeling, good luck.
Your question is a bit too general. This is a big place and it has something for almost everybody depending on what type of experience your family is looking for. What about living in NYC excites you?
Web Reference: http://luxurycondosnow.com/
Fired,
It depends on what you are looking for and what you can afford. The Upper West Side of Manhattan has a lot to offer and I've posted some of that on my website, but it is one of the most expensive areas... it gets more economical further Uptown, in Harlem and Washington Heights. In terms of easy commuting, access and bargains, Brooklyn and Long Island City are popular. Also right in Manhattan there are some good deals to be found in downtown/lower Manhattan in the Battery Park City and Co-op City. (The Hamptons are not in NYC and it's not an fast commute. Though expensive it is a lovely area for retirement and recreation if you are looking for a vacation, retirement or second home.) Please let me know more about your needs..
STATEN ISLAND!, The greenest borough with 9,300 acres of federal, state, and city parkland. Family oriented, yet only a free ferry boat ride away from NYC the center of the universe, it's worth visiting to see all we have to offer.
Web Reference: http://www.clovelake.com
Firedncr1980
The best burrough is the Hamptons from here you can use the Jitney to commute to the city and enjoy all the natural wonders the Island has to offer along with the city people and atmosphere.
Your family will love it and you will be suprised as well I would love to assist you in finding the perfect location since their are many to chose from call me and we can discuss your needs so I can match them to a premier home in a great location !! (516) 383 - 0700