General Area in Sykesville>Question Details

Mina, Home Seller in Sykesville, MD

What is the average number of days on the market for homes in Eldersburg?

Asked by Mina, Sykesville, MD Tue Mar 13, 2012

Answers

5
Hi Mina,

Over the last 6 months the average number of days from listing to settlement is 126 days. During that same time period 139 properties have sold. Currently we have 210 properties on the market - 68 of those are under some type of contract. Remember Real Estate is local, even within the Sykesville/Eldersburg area- some neighborhoods seem to move faster than others. Hope that helps! If you need more info just let me know. David
Hi Mina,
There are numerous factors to take into account when assessing the average days on market. Currently( as of April 2012)-in Eldersburg-almost anything in the $325k- range is selling within 7 days...provided it meets 3 important criteria:
P-priced correctly
C-good condition
L-Location-location-location!
If you are looking for advice on how to achieve the highest value in the least amount of time-feel free to contact me @sandras@longandfoster.com. I would be happy to have the opportunity to assist you with your real estate needs.-Sandra Serrao
Hi Mina,
If you are already working with an agent to sell your home, they should know how to get the information for you.
If you are just in the research/curious stage I can send you a very easy to read report for zip code 21784 that will tell you just about everything you want to know pertaining to the market statistics for any local zip code, county or region. Do you want the total 2011 average, quarterly average, monthly average or year to date for this year? For the month of February 2012 the average DOM was 159 for that zip code, which interestingly was the exact same as Feb 2011.
The only catch is that I have to email the report to you. If you would like a copy, shoot me an email and I will send it to you, no strings attached.
It's just that I have these tools available and I would love to be able to use them to help someone out. It's like making a cake and then you find out everyone's on a diet. =)
-T
http://theresasheaffer.lnf.com
Dear Mina,
I'm happy to help you with your question; however it is too vague. What type of home? How many bedrooms? Bathrooms? Price range? Would the sale be a short sale?... There are many more factors that play a part in providing the correct answer. Please contact me directly (email or phone) so I can obtain more details and give a more accurate response. Thank you.
Ariana Loucas CDPE, SFR
You have not stated what you intend to sell or are selling which would help give you a complete answer. There is a shortage of first time buyer homes under 300K in the 21784 zip code. Homes under 300K are selling very quickly is they have been updated and are well priced for the home features, new kitchens/ baths and location.

First time home buyers want to move in and sit down on their furniture with out having to apply elbow greese to the home. Montgomery and Frederick counties have more home "Under Contract" than are available to purchase. Carroll County is running behind the D.C area Maryland counties but its coming to your neighborhood... very soon.