General Area in Pittsburgh>Question Details

Kerry Flaher…, Other/Just Looking in 15239

What is the average monthly cost of utilities, water, cable, etc. in the Greenfield area of Pittsburgh, PA?

Asked by Kerry Flaherty, 15239 Thu Feb 19, 2009

Answers

9
Kerry,

Thanks for your question. I must echo Hannah's comments as there are so many factors. I live in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath old house that has some blown-in insulation and an unfinished basement. I keep my thermostat around 69 degrees and last month my heat was well into the $300 range. I have DirecTV HD with no movie chanels (2 TVs) and my bill is $80 or so, water around $53 and electric close to $100. I live in Upper Saint Clair which is not near Greenfield but my house size and construction is comparable and the utility companies are pretty much the same.

If you had a specific house in mind, we could get you a more specific answers from the sellers. Hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 19, 2009
what is the average cost of utilities,water,cable,etc.in northern ca
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 15, 2012
Kerry, utility costs can really vary widely depending on the size of the home, energy efficiency, number of people living in the home, and personal habits. The monthly cost of cable, for example, could vary from about $30 to $200 or more depending on what options you choose.

For gas, electric, water & sewer, a rough starting point for preliminary budgeting purposes might be $250-300/month, assuming a small house and conservative energy use. Use these numbers with a grain of salt, though, as actual costs could vary significantly from these.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 19, 2009
idfk i really don't y dont you go out get a job and find out?
450000000 dollars for three years
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
what is the average cost of utilities,water,cable,etc.in the davis area of northern ca
Kerry, If you are buyinga house, you can ask your agent to ask the seller for an estimate of the monthly utilty costs. It depends on how well the house is insulated . how old the house is and if windows have been replaced among other things. The other agents have given you good advice.
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
Thanks for your question, there are many factors that will affect your utility costs. If you are buying or renting a home this information is usually available but the cost with really depend on the size of the home, is the home insulated or have new windows, personal habits like what temperature the residents had the furnace and AC, water usage also varies from home to home.

Since I live in Greenfield, I'd just like to add that many of the homes in this neighborhood (such as mine) happen to be at the crest or top of a hill, so if you buy a home in such a location that has a lot of windows, your electric bill can be reduced greatly by the amount of natural light that enters through the windows. Good luck!